It has been 13 years

carolhg

Hello everyone. I’m not sure if anyone remembers me here. I was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma stage 3A in 2005. I had 6 weeks of chemo (taxol/carboplatinim) followed by surgery, the removal of my upper right lung. That was followed by three infusions of the same chemo. Surgery was July 1, 2005, I was back to work at the end of August teaching school. I have since retired. My scans have all been good to date. Today I had a chest X-ray because I am feeing uncomfortable and worried. I’m praying that the X-Ray shows nothing new. 

Wow, 13 years NED!  I understand being uncomfortable and worried. My lung cancer was recent and found early, but I have had 2 other primary cancers including a Stage 3, 7 years ago. It seems inevitable that discomfort or any other unusual sensations make us concerned.  I wish for you another 13 years of NED and then 13 more after that.

Bridget O

I hope so, too!  One thing I've noticed is that as I get older, there are a lot of mysterious aches and pains that didn't used to be there.  

Is there a reason you're having a chest x-ray rather than a low-dose CT scan?  That's what I'd opt for if I were concerned about a recurrence...

It’s because over the years I have had so many scans plusI have a low kidney score. The results of the X-Ray will determine if I need to follow up with a a ct scan. 

Thank you for your support. The X-ray that I had was clear so there is no need to have to take another ct scan. My problem was allergy and inflammation. 

Hi, Carol,

We’re glad that your x-ray was clear! Thank you for keeping us posted! We will always be here for you.

With gratitude,

Lauren

Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

I'm so happy to hear your great news, I keep hearing our cancer is not curable, but I'll take 13 plus years NED any day! This is what I'm praying for.

Archived