Occasional Relief

Candi

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning All,

I hope this finds everyone doing well. I have put in a request to be transferred to Oregon’s big nationally recognized institution Oregon Health and Science University. They are world renowned for many things including cancer. Please pray with me if it is Gods will all will go smoothly as these drs here are essentially just waiting for me to die and last night and this morning were not good reflecting on the numbers. I so appreciate all of your support, God Bless.

Candi

Hello Michelle, Joy and Paula,

Thank you so much for your support, encouragement and prayers. The transfer will not take place at this time as the other facility does not feel they would add anything beneficial to my treatment at this time so therefore we shall wait and find out what comes next.

The Dr.’s here appear to be pressing for a discion as to what my wishes are in the next couple of weeks should things not improve as they are not expected to. I am not sure of their goal but was told by a nurse it is their way of stating they have done all they can, shall we proceed with finalization? No! That is God’s descision so i need to now contact my insurance and find a fascility to accommodate me or a full time in home health, I’ll let you know what I find. Thank you for allowing me to vent and air my thoughts, I sincerely do not know what I would do without all of you...God Bless.

Candi

Candi- I don’t think you need to be contacting the insurance company. There should be a hospital nurse care coordinator or social worker to do that for you.  This is in God’s hands and your faith is strong. The doctors don’t get to decide.  I admire your strength & spirit. 

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I wondered about contacting my insurance however they have an advocate there to advice me as to what will be covered and what won’t. I am not on Medicare/Medicaid as I don’t qualify, this is my regular Blue Cross through my employer would that make a difference? I appreciate your help.

Candi

I have employer sponsored insurance too (Cigna). I asked for assistance from their care management department.  Initially the insurance care managers looked for the covered providers & services.  

See if you can put these people to work for you so you can save your energy.  

Candi,

I've been following your posts and am distraught at your current situation. Lung cancer is such a horrible disease and sometimes its treatment can be worse as you well know. Know that I am praying everyday for your recovery and peace.

Stay the course.

Tom

Archived