right diet

ADK

I want to know if there is such thing as the right diet for lung cancer patient? my brother is under immunotherapy.i will appreciate if you can give me ideas as to what is good food for him to eat.thank you

ADK,

Although there is not "right" diet for cancer, it is beneficial to eat an all around, well balanced diet.  There is some debate as to whether a diet high in carbs and sugar can be a breeding ground for cancer, maybe there is some validity to it, maybe not.  But no matter what, a balanced diet is healthiest in any situation. But at the end of the day, eating is most important.  Some people feel a bit nauseous with immunotherapy.  If that is the case, eating whatever sounds good or can be kept down is best.  When my mom was first diagnosed with lung cancer, she met with a dietitian, which was helpful.  She first began with radiation and chemo and then went to immunotherapy.  It was helpful for a "professional" to tell us that if all she felt like eating was ice cream, that was okay.

Hope this helps a bit.

Take care,

Steff  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, ADK,

I’m glad to see that you’ve already connected with Steff and that she gave you some helpful advice. 

LUNGevity has partnered with the oncology nutrition experts at Savor Health on a lung cancer and nutrition blog. You can read their tips and posts here.

If you have specific questions that you’d like to ask Savor Health, you can submit them here and they may answer them in an upcoming blog.

With gratitude,

Lauren

Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Archived