Neuroendocrine lung cancer .

Seventhson

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an update. I am still doing good. My surgery sites and chest tube sites are healing good. It’s a little ltchy healing lol. I have some discomfort in chest back and shoulder but hoping that subsides as I do more. But all n all I am doing fine. I will start pushing more and doing more and getting ready to return to work. 

Hi Seventhson. I had a right upper lobe lobectomy on Feb 26 of this year.  I’m glad to hear you are doing well.  

On 4/5/2019 at 7:50 PM, Curt said:

Hi Seventhson. I had a right upper lobe lobectomy on Feb 26 of this year.  I’m glad to hear you are doing well.  

Wow cool. Well maybe not cool but good that you are here chatting. I had mine on the 28th . I am doing good and hope you are as well. I have some discomfort when I do anything but not unbearable. Are you short of breath.?. So glad you are here chatting. If we can do this so can others. 

I’m also doing good. Im glad to hear you are.  I’m not short of breath during normal activity.  I’ve been really surprised by that.  I climbed five flights of stairs in a parking garage the other day.  That got me short of breath.  I played dodge ball (I wasn’t doing much diving) with my kids yesterday.  That also winded me.  It’s definitely harder to catch my breath once I get winded.  Most of the pain from the surgery is gone.  Just some nerve sensations that feels like a mild sunburn.  Most annoying thing at this point for me is a lump/tickle in my throat that causes me to cough.  I’m really self conscious abut coughing.  I feel like people are wondering if it’s a symptom.  

When they started to give me meds to put me asleep that’s the last I recall in surgery. My blood pressure dropped and I had a swollen upper lip and very sore throat from a quick intubation. But it has cleared up . I hope yours does as well. Good to know you are still recovering as well. I have more pain. I think it is probably nerve pain. If it persists or worsens I will go to out pts and get a chest exray. But overall I am doing really good. I found I have overall had much less pain than I expected. I think in time we will both heal totally and do great. So glad you doing good and getting out being active. Good for you. 

Archived