Swollen lymph node, should I worry?

Tomm

I have been in remission from stage 3 lung cancer for 2 years. Last week I found a swollen node just above my collar bone on the left side of my neck, no pain.  I will get a CT on friday. I have full on scanxiety and want some feedback from anyone that had this. They mentioned immunotherapy if it's cancer, where can I get information  about that?

enjoy the season

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tomm,  

Should you worry? I think we shouldn't worry because it doesn't do any good. But we do worry, because it's normal to do. So... Enjoy your holiday and try to relax. I know, it's easier said than done. Swollen lymph node could be from any number of things, like infections. You are doing what you need to do to find out what it is.  Hang in there.

Bridget O

I agree with Bridget until you get your scans and the doctor goes over them with you there is not a lot of help we can give you and information online is not always up to date. I hope you can get your mind off of it and enjoy your Thanksgiving.

I hope you’re able to get some rest tonight.  Will say some prayers this evening.   Let us know how it goes.   Seems after just being recently diagnosed that scans are part of our “new normal”.  You can do this! 

Hi Tomm,

If you'd like to learn about immunotherapy, start with https://lungevity.org/for-patients-caregivers/lung-cancer-101/treatment-options/immunotherapy

I believe thoughts matter - I know it's hard, but think positive (hopefully it's less annoying coming from a cancer patient! :))

MB

Hi  Michell,

, I can work with facts but I am stressed with unknowns. The imaging center made a mistake and sent me the printed results before I see my Doctor,he has the CD and would show the contrast dye.  Impression:

1)  2.1 x 2.1 cm  enhancing soft tissue mass in the left supraclaviculas region is most consistent with a pathological lymph node.

2) findings may represent metastic disease as the patient has a history of lung cancer.

My Doctor will not see me until next Wednesday, he is on jury duty...   I will wait for more tests ;ldsdl;jd;l

Hi Tomm,

Thank you for sharing the update.  I’m sorry you’re having to go through this.

I can really understand how stressful this is for you. I once had very troubling results posted in my portal and had to wait a week for the doctor to review the results. 

Try and take this one day at a time.  We’ll all be praying for you.  A big virtual hug!

Michelle

Hi Roz,

‘doctor wants more test, a biopsy as soon as Friday and then if cancer a plan.  They will also look for ptl1 and other things to see if I can get targeted therapy if needed.  The rest of my ct shows all clear. 

‘Thanks for the thoughts, tomm

Hi Mchelle,

I’m doing one day at a time. Today I get a consult for my biopsy that will be tomorrow. I hope for the best and prepare for options. I feel fine with no symptons 

thanks for asking

tomm

Bad news for me.  Results of biopsy say I have cancer.  I see the radiation team in a few days and will start that soon.  I'm still waiting for further biopsy tests to see if I can get targeted therapy.  I have  no symptoms and am confident that I can beat this again.  I already killed 4 tumors ... this is just one.  I am going to start getting injections of Mistletoe next week, 50 grams of Vit c in an IV, 3 grams of 1/2 CBD and 1/2 THC cannabis oil.  

So I will answer the question of the post ... Yes worry if you have a swollen node and get it checked.  

Anyone that wants to share information about this type of cancer or can direct me to a link on another forum that would be nice.

I’m so sorry to hear about this news.  It’s good you got this checked out.

You’re getting the magic combo to help you beat this.  It worked before and will once again. 

A big virtual hug to you. 

Michelle

Hi Tomm

I haven’t had any radiation (yet) however lots of our pals here have. Check out the radiation postings.

I can tell you a few of my crew mates have battled cancer. The radiation affected each of them differently (different cancers & treatments).  Two of the ladies had breast cancer.  One found the mental strength & rowed 5k very day. Yet another woman had zip energy. Instead, She splurged on Brunello (Italian fine wine). Had a big glass after every treatment followed by a nap. Both pulled through the treatment beautifully! 

My 2 seat in the men’s quad has neck cancer & his radiation  is tough. He’s lost 30+ pounds & has a really sore throat.  He’s got two more weeks to go.  It’s working as the tumor is shrinking. 

The ladies also used mind-body medicine & had a good outcome.  My 2 seat guy doesn’t believe in the stuff. I can’t help but wonder given how different the outcomes were with the ladies. 

I think the IV C is going to be protective in your situation.  Plus the magic mix will help with inflammation.  A little Tai Chi/Qi Gong wouldn’t hurt either.  

Keep us posted. We’re rooting for you. 

Michelle

Archived