Tomm

Swollen lymph node, should I worry?

I have been in remission from stage 3 lung cancer for 2 years. Last week I found a swollen node just above my collar bone on the left side of my neck, no pain.  I will get a CT on friday. I have full on scanxiety and want some feedback from anyone that had this. They mentioned immunotherapy if it's cancer, where can I get information  about that?

enjoy the season

Hi Tomm,  

Should you worry? I think we shouldn't worry because it doesn't do any good. But we do worry, because it's normal to do. So... Enjoy your holiday and try to relax. I know, it's easier said than done. Swollen lymph node could be from any number of things, like infections. You are doing what you need to do to find out what it is.  Hang in there.

Bridget O

I agree with Bridget until you get your scans and the doctor goes over them with you there is not a lot of help we can give you and information online is not always up to date. I hope you can get your mind off of it and enjoy your Thanksgiving.

I hope you’re able to get some rest tonight.  Will say some prayers this evening.   Let us know how it goes.   Seems after just being recently diagnosed that scans are part of our “new normal”.  You can do this! 

Hi Tomm,

If you'd like to learn about immunotherapy, start with https://lungevity.org/for-patients-caregivers/lung-cancer-101/treatment-options/immunotherapy

I believe thoughts matter - I know it's hard, but think positive (hopefully it's less annoying coming from a cancer patient! :))

MB

Hi  Michell,

, I can work with facts but I am stressed with unknowns. The imaging center made a mistake and sent me the printed results before I see my Doctor,he has the CD and would show the contrast dye.  Impression:

1)  2.1 x 2.1 cm  enhancing soft tissue mass in the left supraclaviculas region is most consistent with a pathological lymph node.

2) findings may represent metastic disease as the patient has a history of lung cancer.

My Doctor will not see me until next Wednesday, he is on jury duty...   I will wait for more tests ;ldsdl;jd;l

Hi Tomm,

Thank you for sharing the update.  I’m sorry you’re having to go through this.

I can really understand how stressful this is for you. I once had very troubling results posted in my portal and had to wait a week for the doctor to review the results. 

Try and take this one day at a time.  We’ll all be praying for you.  A big virtual hug!

Michelle

Hi Roz,

‘doctor wants more test, a biopsy as soon as Friday and then if cancer a plan.  They will also look for ptl1 and other things to see if I can get targeted therapy if needed.  The rest of my ct shows all clear. 

‘Thanks for the thoughts, tomm