Swollen lymph node, should I worry?

Tomm

Hi Support Group People..

My plan.. to be revised friday.

radiation for 30 days 5 times a week. Same chemo as before, don't know how long yet. It is the same type of cancer as before ..adenocarcinoma lung cancer. I will know the stage on friday. They did some genetic testing and I will be able to get some Immunotherapy  after I'm done with chemo, I don't know what kind yet. I killed 4 tumors last time and this is just one,  I didn't know I could go into remission from stage 3 ... and I am asymptomatic and ready.    

thanks for the concern and advise I get here .... enjoy the season, Tomm

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tomm, 

Thanks for the update- lung cancer is really sneaky. Many of my “new friends”were Stage III with no symptoms at time of diagnosis.   I’m really sorry that you’ve got to go through all of this into the new year.  

You’ve got an awesome Integrative Plan- lock & load.  

Michelle 

Tomm, I hate to hear this, you were the first person that responded to the first post I ever made online after my diagnosis and the information and support you gave me helped more than you can know. Holding you in prayer.

Hi Tomm

I saw the hippy doc today & asked him about the Misteltoe Injections.  He thought they were a good idea for lung cancer.  He wanted to hold off and see how the CT scan turns out before adding anything new to my protocol.

He also said something about the injections coming from Canada?  Is that where yours come from?  

Missouri just approved the THC so that’s something else for me to consider throwing into the arsenal.

I’m very interested to see how your treatment plan progresses.  Thanks for sharing the information!

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I wish you the best results of you CT scan, waiting is a big  part.

I  start my 1st Mistletoe injection on Jan 3rd. My naturopath oncologist will get it from Florida . 

I am now taking 3 grams of oil a day 1/2 CBD & 1/2 THC. Last time I had chemo I only had fatigue as a side effect and took 3 grams a day.  I suggest starting with a full plant (not hemp) tincture of CBD so you can control the dose and increase as you build up tolerance and then add thc at night (great sleep aid) The theory is it takes 1 gram a day for 60 days to cure cancer. That is a lot for more folks.  There are 28 drops of oil in one gram so you would need to take one drop for four days and double the dose every four days until you get to one full gram. 

I'd like to know about your treatment with the hippy doc

enjoy the season, Tom

Hi Tomm,

I was pretty skeptical about the whole complementary medicine thing initially. Since I’ve started all of this I’ve felt better than I did in a long while.  

Here’s the plan right now: 

Wellevate Supplements

Curcumin-Evail- 4 grams (2grams with breakfast & 2 at dinner)

Omeg-Avail- 4 grams (with the Curcumin) 

Inflammatone (lots of stuff in there like quercitin)

Other stuff:

Pre & Probiotics from Biohm (morning)

Folic acid 1gram (morning)

Mushrooms at dinner-

Turkey Tail, Stamets & Reishi from Host Defense 

At Bedtime:

Naltrexone 4.5mg with 300mg Alpha Lipoic Acid

Prior to the cancer I had a supplement routine for my training plan which was the usual like Vitamin C, E, B’s, etc.  I’ve kept them up  

As for the activities: 

Qi Gong/Tai Chi 

Acupuncture 

Yoga.  

My medical oncologist is astonished by my progress.  

Keep me posted!

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

that's quite a list of good stuff, I can understand your oncologist being astonished as you use natural medicine that they don't know about and it works.

today's update

I am now Stage 3c adenocarcinoma lung cancer. I went from 3a to 3c because this is far from where the other tumors were. In a week or so I will start 30 radiation days and 6 weeks of chemo at the same time & 3-5 grams of oil a day. 50 grams of Vit C in an IV twice a week.

After this treatment puts me into remission again I will start something called Duvalumab  for 1- 2 years, it's an Immunotherapy.  They did genetic tests and I have tumor proportion score of >95% .  TPS>/=50% High PD-L1 expression (nsclc)

I hope all your scans are clear ... enjoy the season

Tomm, 

I'm so sorry to hear that cancer has recurred but I'm confident you will have a treatment plan that works, just like before.

I was told that radiation was never an option for me, so I don't know anything about side effects from it. When you begin your treatments?

Best of luck!!

Ro

my side effect from radiation was fatigue and add chemo fatigue together and that was my only issue. I'll be getting Carboplatin/Paclitaxel

again. Treatment may start on Jan 3rd but still making a plan. I got a bit vain about loosing 80% of my hair and it's getting back again.. I going to look into the cold caps you can wear to stop the hair loss.

thanks folks for the well wishes....  

Hi Fellow travelers,

I am now Stage 3c adenocarcinoma lung cancer. I went from 3a to remission for two years to 3c because this is far from where the other tumors were. In a week or so I will start 30 radiation days and 6 weeks of chemo at the same time & 3-5 grams of cannabis oil a day. 50 grams of Vit C in an IV twice a week & 12 natural supplements.

After this treatment puts me into remission again I will start something called Durvalumab  an Immunotherapy.  They did genetic tests and I have tumor proportion score of >95% .  TPS>/=50% High PD-L1 expression (nsclc).  Every 3 weeks in an IV.

I hope everyone enjoys to season...t

Tomm

Had the same radiation and Carboplatin/Paclitaxel for six weeks never lost one hair off my head till they gave me two full doses after my radiation was complete, That soon took care of all my hair. Now on  Durvalumab every two weeks since August-27

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ro,

Everything is set to start next thursday Jan 8th..  chemo and radiation at the same time and then I start Duvalumab when they are done.

I hope things are going your way

Luck to all...

Hi, Tomm,

We'll be thinking of you next week! Please continue to check in and let us know how you're doing.

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Hi Michelle,

I'm feeling fine after 3 radiations and one chemo this week. I expect some possible side effects next week like fatigue. The tumor is supraclavicular lymph node on the  left side of my neck and the radiation may effect my throat. I'm ready for soft foods and there is a place here that mades organic fresh pressed Gerson Juicing Recipes. 

My ND hippy doc changed some of my supplements for treatment time.

No High Does Vit C in an IV

No Curcumin-turmic

No coQ10

no Naltrexone

Add Turkey tail mushrooms

No green tea extra but tea OK

Add Berberine to sensitize tumor cell to radiation

add L-Glutamine for soar throat

and how are you feeling?

Hi Tomm, 

Interesting, so your  hippie doc changed up your treatment plan during the course of chemo and radiation.  I wasn't familiar with Berberine and had to look it up.  There's so much the traditional medical community can learn from Chinese Medicine.  It's so frustrating to have a healthcare system that is reluctant to explore clinical trials in this area.  I see that there are some academic institutions getting creative, but this entire area is largely ignored.  (Ok end of diatribe, I'm stuck inside here with six inches of snow in KC). 

I hope you are able to find a lot of high calorie, nutrient dense  soft foods to take to keep up the nutrition during radiation. As an aside,   I did make the chia pudding in the Cancer Fighting Kitchen and if you add more vanilla extract and cinnamon it's actually pretty good.   

I'm feeling much better these days having graduated to monthly appointments with the medical oncologist.  I see the hippie doc each week for acupuncture and I think it helps blunt the fatigue from the oral chemo.  Next week we have a formal treatment plan review with the hippie doc.  I'm curious to see what he thinks about my CT scan and if he will recommend any changes.    My blood counts actually look better today than they did in my pre-cancer life.   I'm sure it's the supplement protocol, improved nutrition and ceasing the road warrior activities. (I'm so grateful for the disability benefits).   I see the medical onc at the end of this month so I'll find out when we plan to do the next set up scans.  

Keep us posted with how you are doing!  I'm with you! 

Michelle 

Hi Tomm,

I'm glad to hear your treatment is going well. I just wanted to chime in that not everybody gets fatigue with radiation, though it is common. I had 6 weeks of radiation for breast cancer and the only fatigue I had was minor and after it was all over. I also had 6 weeks of  abdominal/pelvic radiaiton for cervical/endometrial cancer. This one was concurrent with chemo. I had other side effects but not fatigue. Everybody's different! 

. Bridget O

Hi Tomm,

So happy to hear that your treatment is going well! Hang in there keep updating us on your progress!!

Ro

Hi Rower and fellow travelers...

my update...  2nd of of six chemo infusion today and 7th of 30 radiation today.  The pain I was having on the supraclavicular lymph node  is no longer painful and I can fell that the node is smaller. I have had no side effects. I asked the Doctor why I have no side effects (yet) he and said it's genetics and maybe the THC/CBD oil.  

Ro... did you get a treatment plan?

I bought the cook book you told me about ...Cancer Fighting Kitchen.. a really good cook book..thanks

Excellent news- so far so good.  Did you do the cold cap?  I definitely think our hippie protocols do help a lot.  If you get really tired into the radiation, acupuncture might be a good option for you.    I'm really glad to hear things are going well for you!  Keep the fight going! 

Good point about accupuncture, Michelle. I didn't have fatigue with my radiation (for 2 different non-lung cancers). I was having accupuncture twice a week during my treatment. I made the connection with reduced nausea from chemo, but it never occurred to me that maybe it was helping avoid fatigue. Duh!

thanks for the good wishes ... and the advise to get accupuncture to  help with fatigue, I hope to give that  a try. 

I looked into getting a cold cap to help keep my hair but then I read some research from the UK that believes  that if your head is cold  then chemo will not work on the head as you protect your hair..I only lost 80% of  my hair last time, it's back now.

enjoy your weekend of no treatment with a time to heal

Tomm

Archived