TD1

Hi I am new- Met exon 14 success story

Hi! I was told to repost as newcomer. I hope it is here. Last year in June 2017 they found a 16 cm mass (yes, cms!) in my right lung. Met exon 14 adenocarcinoma. I am a never smoker! It spread to lymph nodes and showed signs of pleural effusion so stage IV, now stage IIIa. With crizotinib my tumor shrunk to 6cms. They did a pneumonectomy and the reports show complete response. Of course, I realize that I am incredibly lucky and thank the great surgeons, oncologists and research team at UCSF. They are the best!! Are there any long term survivors with MET exon amplification out there? I hope everyone on this site to have good outcomes, hope and on a path that leads to healthy living with our cancers! 

TD1,

Wonderful to hear great news. I'm a long term survivor having also had a very large tumor (not as large as yours) but with a right pneumonectomy.  I'm a Squamous cell guy so targeted therapy treatment didn't (I had Tarceva but before it was realized it only worked on adenocarcinoma) and won't work on me.  

Stay the course.

Tom

Thanks for your reply. I’m glad to hear you are a long term survivor. How long? Do you have MET exon 14? I hear it is rare.