Jump to content

What's your thought on this?


hope16

Recommended Posts

This is a really interesting post. When I was first diagnosed my rowing partner who works in animal health & she told me there’s a lot the vets know about cancer that will never see a human clinical trial. 

I’m also taking meds off label from my Integrative Medicine doc- Long off patent.  The traditional medical team is sort of curious about it.  

Once I started the Curcumin- my energy level went through the roof- medical onc is scratching his head over the supplements. 

I have my first scan at the end of this month & I’m not worried about it. I feel really good. 

Thanks for sharing! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Other than the part about a "cure for cancer" being suppressed for economic reasons, there does appear to be some evidence to support the utility of some of these drugs.  I would never recommend anyone taking any medication without their oncologist's knowledge.  And, like most drugs, these most likely work for some people whose cancers have certain characteristics and not for others.  For some people they may actually do harm.  

I think the takeaway is that there are a lot of promising paths for research and I'm grateful that they are being explored and developed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Rower Michelle said:

This is a really interesting post. When I was first diagnosed my rowing partner who works in animal health & she told me there’s a lot the vets know about cancer that will never see a human clinical trial. 

I’m also taking meds off label from my Integrative Medicine doc- Long off patent.  The traditional medical team is sort of curious about it.  

Once I started the Curcumin- my energy level went through the roof- medical onc is scratching his head over the supplements. 

I have my first scan at the end of this month & I’m not worried about it. I feel really good. 

Thanks for sharing! 

That's really interesting..... Circumin or turmaric has always been an integral part of our meals so I may never know the difference but I surly encourage people especially my husband to seek healing through other means as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, LexieCat said:

Other than the part about a "cure for cancer" being suppressed for economic reasons, there does appear to be some evidence to support the utility of some of these drugs.  I would never recommend anyone taking any medication without their oncologist's knowledge.  And, like most drugs, these most likely work for some people whose cancers have certain characteristics and not for others.  For some people they may actually do harm.  

I think the takeaway is that there are a lot of promising paths for research and I'm grateful that they are being explored and developed.

When you have  nothing to loose then I think one needs to try everything that looks or feels promising. I think thats another way of getting closer to'cure'...isnt it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there-

Bob is spot on. I take 2grams I’m the morning and 2grams in the evening.  They are huge pills. I also take the same amount of fish oil with the curcumin.  I call it my spicy fish combo!

I’m willing to give anything a try as long as the Integrative & Medical oncologists support it.   

Let us know what you learn. 

Michelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing. We are on the alternate treatment regime. Have you heard about Dr yeshi dhondhen in dharamshala India, a bidhdhist monk, who received one of the most prestigious civilian award this year in India? He is mentioned in the book called anti cancer. We are currently under his treatment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just got the Anti-Cancer book this week.  My Integrative oncologist trained with Andrew Weill MD.  I call him my Hippie Doc.  I’d be cautious with some of the supplements.  

 I was taking vitamin E but later learned it could diminish the effectiveness of Alectinib. 

Keep us updated Hope! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Hope, 

I went to cooking class a few weeks ago to learn about nutritional healing.  They recommended a cook book that just arrived.  It looks pretty good to me and thought I would share with you as well-

The Cancer Fighting Kitchen by Rebecca Katz and Mat Edelson. 

Bon Apetite, 

Michelle 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Michelle,

thanks for the suggestion, I just  ordered  the  book The cancer Fighting kitchen ..got it used for $3.98...  sounds interesting and I like to cook.

This is also a really good cancer kitchen book from the UK..   "The Rainbow Diet - and how it can help you beat cancer" by Chris Woollams

                                                                                                              and " Rainbow Recipes"

This is from NIH 

 Mistletoe is one of the most widely studied complementary and alternative medicine therapies in people with cancer. In Europe, mistletoe extracts are among the most prescribed drugs for patients with cancer Ask your Hippy Doctor?

Hope your scans are good...Tomm.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Rower Michelle said:

Hi Hope, 

I went to cooking class a few weeks ago to learn about nutritional healing.  They recommended a cook book that just arrived.  It looks pretty good to me and thought I would share with you as well-

The Cancer Fighting Kitchen by Rebecca Katz and Mat Edelson. 

Bon Apetite, 

Michelle 

I will definitely read this one... Thanks for sharing michelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi. 

Tomm- I see the hippy doc for acupuncture on Thursday & will ask him about mistletoe.  I’ve read some interesting things about it too.  He’s a big fan of low dose naltrexone (4.5mg) and alpha lipoic acid. 

I’ll look for the Rainbow Recipes too. My in-laws are Brits & I like to cook too. Husband likes to eat! 

Hope- let us know if you make anything that turns out well  

Thanks for sharing! 

Michelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.