Think good thoughts for the Notorious RBG

LexieCat

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg just underwent lung surgery to "remove two malignant growths in her lung."  Sounds like she came through it OK and that there is no sign of mets.

She's one of my heroes and I'm so glad it sounds like an early catch (found when she cracked her ribs recently).

Good thoughts!

The article I read (Washington Post) said a lobe was removed--both malignant nodules were in the same lobe.  They said no further treatment was anticipated.

Just read the news as well and was wondering exactly what she had done (article was confusing; stated lobectomy and then stated just the two nodules were removed).  Regardless, sending her the best of wishes... She has certainly been through a lot! Amazing woman! From viewing her workouts, I'm embarrassed to say that she is probably in better shape than I am at age 60!  I have always admired her as well. Best wishes RBG!

I'm wondering about that too, Tom.  Also the size of her nodules.  They both must have been small.  I'm thinking of her tonight.  A lobectomy is no day at the beach for anyone.  She's one tough lady to go through it at 85 years old.

She is really tough, I'll tell ya! This is her 3rd cancer. Her second was pancreatic, which is really a hard one. Actually, all cancers are hard. But I'll bet she'll be back on the bench when court resumes 1/7. Go RBG!

tou

Apparently even a Supreme Court Justice has to wait for pathology results--that's what one of the articles I read said.  There's apparently some speculation from medical professionals that having two cancerous nodules is more indicative of a metastasis from another cancer than it is lung cancer.  Guess we'll have to see, assuming that information is shared.

My Dad just called me to say he saw the RBG news.  He said “she has lung cancer just like you! It must be a smart people cancer!”  Jersey humor. 

So glad my parents are beginning to cope with my diagnosis! 

I know the 'Saved by the Scan' promotion by the ACS is working well.  It would be wonderful if RBG would speak out and do a PSA on how her LC was found.  I know all of us here are aware but so many others could greatly benefit from early scanning who either don't know about it, or are too scared to find out.  

Archived