Port placement today

Barb1260

Same here.  I didn’t remember anything & actually fell asleep from the drugs.  You can ask to have a little bit of Valium as part of the pre-medication.  Worked like a charm for me. At the time of my port placement I had horrible coughing fits & the drugs got me through the procedure blissfully.  🙂

Barb,

You won't feel a thing and it will be over very quickly.

Port installation will solve sooooo many problems and your veins will thank you for the minor inconvenience.

Stay the course.

Tom

Well, THAT must be disappointing.  Have you been able to make a future appointment?  

Hang in there--remember, you geared yourself up for today and you can do it again.

Next Friday-gotta find out where the fever is coming from. May be my ear, it’s feeling a little funky. If still tomorrow will get the butt to urgent care to check it out. 

Hi, Barb,

We're sorry it didn't work out today but glad you have a plan! Hope you feel better! Please continue to keep us posted. We are here for you!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Got the port yesterday. Was awake the whole time but felt nothing. Was actually joking with all the people in the room. Today I feel like crap, seems any kind of anaesthesia knocks me down for 48 hours. I’m now getting nervous about starting treatment Monday. 

Glad the port placement was uneventful.  

I don't blame you for feeling nervous about starting chemo--I would be, too.  My bet, though, is that a lot of it is fear of the unknown.  Once you've been through it a few times you will know what to expect and have strategies to manage it.

You can do this!!

Hi LexieCat!  Yes, fear of the unknown is the worst. On top of not sleeping very well because I couldn’t get comfortable with the port incisions. This too shall pass. 

Well that’s one & done.  Glad you’re through it. My hubby ordered a memory foam wedge pillow  which helped me sleep post port.  I had trouble sleeping too. 

I understand the fear of the unknown- I went to chemo battle ready in my best Lilly Pulitzer outfit. Looking back I was probably high as a kite from the steroids.  

Stay Jersey Strong.  We’re here with you. 

Archived