Hello my intro

Debra276

Last year the found four modules in my lungs. The reports states Ascending aorta 4 cm unchanged. Arch 2.8 cm diameter descending aorta 2.7 There are two new irregular destiny in both lower lobes. The lower lobe is 17 x 12 classified. The last not on the report says there new irregular densities in the lower lung.. I’m scheduled for another ct in three week. I just had one a week ago!!!! 

Hi, Debra, and welcome.  I'm not totally clear I follow what your CT history is.  The one coming up is your third?  Sounds like the quote from the report is from the second? Are you seeing a pulmonologist?  They are the experts at assessing lung nodules.  Most nodules are not cancer, but it's often necessary to follow them for a bit to see what (if any) changes occur over time before they can figure out the next step.  Has anyone talked to you about a biopsy?  The 17 x 12 mm one sounds large enough to biopsy, unless it's in a location that's difficult or impossible to biopsy.

Glad you found us.

Lexicat no one has suggested a biopsy just another scan. I’m awaiting a appointment with a pulmonologist within the next week or so. I’m pretty sure it’s cancer due to the fact I smoked for more than 40 plus years. Thank you for the fast reply.

OK, I think you'll know quite a bit more after meeting with the pulmonologist.  Not necessarily a definitive diagnosis (which requires a biopsy), but you should get a plan to find out what's going on--which may include a biopsy.

The fact that you were a smoker increases your risk of cancer, but plenty of smokers don't get lung cancer, and plenty of non-smokers do, as well.  So nothing is for sure at this point.  And even if it does turn out to be cancer, it may still be an early enough stage that treatment will be relatively simple.  

Hang in there, and keep us posted on what the pulmonologist says.

Lezecat thanks for your honest feedback. Maybe I stand a chance but I doubt it. We currently have custody of out four grandkidds so my health problems could change their life’s for ever.. 

Archived