New to forum

SCLCcaregiver

I'm sorry to hear  about your husband's diagnosis. You probably know that small cell LC is much less common than non-small cell. So there are  fewer member on these foums with small cell, but there are some, and I hope you'll hear from them.  Has your husband's medical oncologist discussed the possibility of Neupogen or Neulasta to help prevenet low WBC? My lung cancer was stage 1a and I didn't need chemo, but I had a previous non-lung cancer for which I did have chemo and I had a WBC crash. Neupogen after each subsequent infusion kept my WBCs in a reasonable range so I could get the chemo.

Best wishes. Let us kow how we can support you.

Hi, SCLCcaregiver,

Welcome to LCSC. This community is a great place to ask questions, share your experience, and get information and support. You might want to browse the other conversations in this thread to connect who have SCLC or are helping their loved one navigate SCLC. Please feel free to join in on the ongoing conversations or start a new one. We are here for you!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Hello with the low white count it usually happens a week before or the week of your next cycle which I learned from oncologist and that would happen to my husband. They suggest to take two magnesium vitamins a day until u come back and if still low they will iv him with magnesium. Spinach; almonds; beans; ginger etc are also rich in mag plus others.good luck! He can beat this

Archived