Been over a year

4mylou

Well quick back story will keep short because I am sure it a story every one has heard before. Over a year ago my husband was told he had none small cell lung cancer in lower lobe. He had lost a lot of weight. They said we were lucky it was small n lower lobe was removed. He put all his weight back on plus some extra. Over 4 to five months ago he started loosing weight again. He is back to the same weight he was b4 the surgery. 1st scan at 3 months looked good 2nd scan at 6 showed a small spot in good lung and several spots on liver. All spots were to small to get a bite of. He wasn't due for another scan till end of march. I called his doctors and told them about how bad the weight lose is getting and he goes in Sunday for full body scan.  I am right to worry, correct? He is 57 so still has a lot of years ahead, I pray. 

I'd be surprised if the one small tumor in his lung was responsible for his original weight loss.  That's the kind of symptom that tends to show up when cancer has advanced more than that.  

The spots on the liver are concerning, since lung cancer can metastasize there, but again, I'm not sure that would be causing his weight loss.  There are a lot of other conditions that can cause weight loss.  

I'd say you are right to be concerned, because SOMETHING is making him lose weight.  Has he had a PET-CT to check the spots on the liver?

Hi and welcome.  I'd say it's reaasonable for  you to be concerned and to take action. I agree with LexieCat that something other than cancer could be causing the weight loss and it would be good to figure out what. Keep us posted.

Bridget O

The scan on liver was going to be in a year because the spots were small. Now they are just doing a scan with and without contrast from lung to liver. I am really hoping that its something else not a return of the cancer. It really sucks holding your breath till the next scan. 

Archived