KatieB

How much do you know about a Pathologist?

A pathologist is an essential member of your health care team who most patients never meet. Pathologists are doctors that analyze the sample of lung tissue removed during a biopsy to make the correct diagnosis.

You can read more about pathologists and their work with your tumor tissue here

https://www.cancer.net/blog/2016-05/biopsy-5-things-every-patient-should-know 

Do you have a question for a pathologist? Comment below and we may include your question in a future blog post interview.

KatieB thank you for the link. I’m visiting my kids out of town so was only able to breeze through the article but plan on reading throughly when I get home. 

I do have a question that is still confusing me and would like a clearer answer. I don’t have the two pathology reports but they differ in the type of nsclc that I have. My original diagnosis was adenocarcinoma and after the tumor was surgically removed the pathologist called it Squamish cell. 🤷‍♀️  

Hi Paula, 

I've been following another forum and I've seen two other members with the same situation as yours.  Evidently it's entirely possible to have more than one type of cancer in our lung due to cell mutations.   No one seems to be able to explain why this occurs.   Enjoy your time away!  

1 minute ago, Rower Michelle said:

Hi Paula, 

I've been following another forum and I've seen two other members with the same situation as yours.  Evidently it's entirely possible to have more than one type of cancer in our lung due to cell mutations.   No one seems to be able to explain why this occurs.   Enjoy your time away!  

That’s exactly what my oncologist said after his discussion with a tumor board.