NikoleV

International Lung Cancer Survivorship Conference (ILCSC) April 26-28, 2019

Save the Date! International Lung Cancer Survivorship Conference (ILCSC) is happening in Washington, DC April 26-28, 2019

LUNGevity Foundation's International Lung Cancer Survivorship Conference (ILCSC) registration is now open! LUNGevity's ILCSC brings together lung cancer survivors in all stages of the disease and diagnosis with scientific experts, nutritionists, clinicians, health care providers, and fellow survivors to learn how to live well with lung cancer. Learn more and register today: www.lungevity.org/ilcsc

LCSC Forum Members,

This was called the Hope Summit and the name has been changed to reflect international attendees and the expansion of topics presented at the conference.  These include: a HOPE Summit for those with active disease, a COPE Summit for those who care for survivors, and Survivorship Summit for those who are interested in research, advances, and new treatments.  If you haven't attended, I strongly suggest you do.  If you have, come on back. We have an innovative program to help attendees with travel and lodging expenses.  Learn more here.

Stay the course.

Tom

Thanks for the clarification, Tom.  Based on the timing and location, I sort of figured it was probably the same conference, but I wasn't sure.

I'm putting it on my calendar now.  Last year's was terrific.  Hope to see some of you there!

Thanks for sharing this. This is in my neck of the woods, so I can easily attend. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to attend this and face that i have lung cancer with a whole conference full of survivors. But I'm going to go ahead and register and see if I don't chicken out at the end :-)  (i'm following the "plan and adjust as necessary" advice that tom gave in another forum) LOL

Vanitha, I hope you can go! I went the last two years and plan to go again this year. It was really inspiring to hear about recent developments and meet so many survivors. Especially good to meet some of the people I knew from these forums.

And just to be clear, we didn't sit around talking about cancer the WHOLE time.  There's plenty of time for socializing and I really enjoyed the in-person time with the friends I've made here.

I know we also have quite a few new folks from the MidAtlantic Region generally, which might make it possible to attend.  The hotels in DC are pretty pricy, but there are some nice and affordable AirBnBs in the area, plus I found quite a few affordable parking garages near the conference hotel, so I will probably drive down, stay someplace further away and drive to the conference.  Once we have the agenda available it will be easier to plan.

Vanitha,

GO TO THE CONFERENCE, don't chicken out!!!  It will be the most incredible time you have had.  I cried for the first time in public during the COPE summit for caregivers.  The response was lots of tissues, hugs and support.  The best part for me was to see my mom come out of her shell and start to share her story and engage in conversations.  There is no doom and gloom here, just joy and celebration of life.  I think the name change for the conference is needed, but I will always call it the HOPE Summit because that is what you get out of it - HOPE!  I cannot say enough good things about the conference.  I hope to see you there!!!!