PET SCAN

Laurel

On Tuesday, January 29th, I had my first PET scan following the end of radiation treatment in October.  I was a mess....stressed... nervous. I received results today. No evidence of disease....No Cancer!  Wonderful!

My next PET scan is in June. I hope I handle it better.

AWESOME!!!!

I'm so, so happy for you!  

With a Ib cancer, I always tell myself that chances are that the scan will be fine, but I still get nervous going in for the results.  I do find, though, with each good scan it's a bit easier.

So glad for your happy news!

2 minutes ago, Laurel said:

Thank you! I am hoping that over time, I get less "crazy".

I don’t know ifvwaiting will ever get easier.    I’m waiting for my first CT results since surgery and I understand totally. My emotions are all over the place. 

• 2 weeks later...

A belated congrats Laurel... Wonderful news! Very happy for you. This is encouraging! I'm sure there will be anxiety again, but you are off to a very positive start. Fingers crossed for June 2019 as well!

(I can totally relate to your stress... My first CT following surgery was supposed to be next week but had to cancel due to snow storms in Seattle area. Now delayed until March 7th. I was already feeling stressed, stomach in knots, unable to focus, worried, cranky... Not looking forward to another month of this anxiety!)

Thanks ColleenRae. I had a mammogram Monday and just received results today, Saturday, that I'm clear on that too. I wasn't as nervous with mammogram....but still felt a little stressed.

I am sorry you have to wait so long for your scan. I used youtube.com to do very short meditations to get my heart rate down. On day of PET scan, I took 0.5 g of Lorazapam.  These scans are tough. Hugs to you.

18 minutes ago, Laurel said:

Thanks ColleenRae. I had a mammogram Monday and just received results today, Saturday, that I'm clear on that too. I wasn't as nervous with mammogram....but still felt a little stressed.

I am sorry you have to wait so long for your scan. I used youtube.com to do very short meditations to get my heart rate down. On day of PET scan, I took 0.5 g of Lorazapam.  These scans are tough. Hugs to you.

Benzo land isn't a bad place to be for scans!  Our yoga teacher emphasizes  Study by Starlight on Pandora for stress reduction, BUT she's not the one getting scanned... I'll pass on that one... 

Archived