I love radiation!

Barb1260

I am totally amazed at what the radiologist showed me on the computer screen today.  Before-Tumor the size of a lemon, After 4 1/2 weeks, the size of a quarter and the swollen lymph node is almost gone.   If only our bodies could tolerate radiation until its completely gone, none of us would have to go through the stress!!!

And because of the radiation report to the onc. I don’t have to make up the 3 weeks of the 2nd chemo I didn’t have because of reactions. Said it was an adjunct to the carbo and radiation and it worked without it. So next week is my final week!!!  Then scanxiety begins. Trying not to get my hopes too high but I’m excited that I just may be NED one day.  Happy Valentine’s Day. 😘

Hi Barb, such great news and so encouraging! I'm so glad that you are having such a positive response to killing off all those cancer cells! Keep up the great work!

Are you receiving Photon (aka SBRT or cyberknife) or Proton Beam radiation treatment? I'm facing one of these treatments myself, just waiting to hear from insurance on IF they will approve the very pricey Proton Radiation Therapy.  How many total radiation treatments will you be receiving? I will be getting 5 treatments of high dose radiation photon radiation treatment OR 15 treatments via the Proton radiation therapy. 

Keep up the healing! I love your positivity!!!!

Hi Lisa. I’m receiving IMRT, 30 treatments with weekly chemo. It’s hard to stay positive when the side effects kick in but they have been minimal compared to what they could be. One more week. I need to get back to work, going stir crazy!  Onc won’t approve until my blood work gets better. Hope your insurance approves your first option. Have a great weekend. 

That's great news, Barb! We'll be thinking of you next week while you're finishing up treatment! Please continue to keep us posted.

Have a wonderful weekend!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Barb, I hope you're feeling better! I go today for my first SBRT radiation treatment and I'm feeling very nervous.  My insurance did not approve the  proton therapy but my Dr feels that the  SBRT is more curative so we are gong down that path. Prayers please! Hoping you are doing great! 

Good luck today. I’m sure you’ll find the nervousness was just scared of the unknown and it was better than expected. So far doing great, just recuperating from minor side effects. 

OK well all done with treatment number 1....i didn't feel a thing. I was just  trying to relax and pray that everything would be  OK.  Can't wait to get home and  relax

Archived