NOW my hair falls out?

Barb1260

Last chemo was 9 days ago and I’m feeling wonderful. Noticed the other day my hair felt thinner, today it’s escaping in droves. Seems to be an all over thinning. I don’t care, it will grow back, but can anyone advise how long before it stops?  Just wondering if I should shave it all or wait and see. The never ending surprises of cancer  

Mine fell out totally after my last chemo. I had long hair and cut it short when I started shedding. In the end I shaved it and then lost the rest. Good news it comes back pretty quick. 

My mother’s hair fell out after 5 rounds of Carbo sort of in clumps & she shaved it.  Your question brought back a funny memory.  My Mom bought a Grateful Dead baseball cap at the Meadowlands Flea market for about $1.  She wore that until her hair grew back enough for the first pixie cut.  Only in NJ would people think a 70+ year old lady wearing  GD hat is completely normal!  

Thanks all-I have scarfs and caps that I thought I wouldn’t need, guess I will. Maybe this straight haired gal will regrow curls. Michelle your Mom sounds like a fun lady. 

Barb- my mom's hair grew back curly, she was so excited! Lol The curls didn't last but about months, but she enjoyed them while they lasted.

My mom decided to have me shave her head when she couldn't handle her hair falling into her food. I think everyone has their point of when they say enough is enough. My mom felt much better after shaving her head. She said she didn't feel like a shedding dog anymore.

Steph-I’m hoping for curls and a new pretty color.  Haven’t gotten to the enough is enough point but I’m sure I’ll get there. From all your posts, your Mom is one tough lady and an inspiration. 

37 minutes ago, Barb1260 said:

Steph-I’m hoping for curls and a new pretty color.  Haven’t gotten to the enough is enough point but I’m sure I’ll get there. From all your posts, your Mom is one tough lady and an inspiration. 

My straight hair grew back Curley and a totally different color. I’m not use to it but it’s easy and everyone loves it. Step I’m wondering if mine will be straight again. 

Hi, Barb. I had 6 "lite" rounds of carboplatin and taxol with no real impact to my hair. i then had 2 rounds of full strength chemo. After the first of these 2, my hair started thinning and then most of it fell out. I shaved it because it was driving me crazy. Mine came back quickly - different texture - and my eyelashes came back longer. Bonus!

Well, I have arrived at my breaking point when the hair was just falling everywhere and sticking to my clothes. I had my son in law shave my head. It was less traumatic than I thought it would be. Less towels in the laundry, won’t need a 2nd to wrap the wet hair-that’s a plus. Come on curls. 

I found it was a lot easier to go swimming with no hair. Also I enjoyed buying hats and doing scarf wrapping things. So some advantages in being hairless!

How do you shave / get it shaved off if necessary / desired when it starts falling out?  Do you go to a barber?

Irka

I had my son in law do it because he shaves his head. if he didn’t do it, the salon I go to shaves chemo patients for free. A lot of them do. 

Archived