Sharon Smith roloff

Sharon roloff

Hi, I’m new to this group.  I just found out my dad has been diagnosed with aldencaricinoma lung cance.  Not sure what stage yet but it’s unopetable, no chemo or radiation,  they are try a new drug they use for Breast cancer he got his first treatment today, called Catugo not sure of spelling yet just learning more about it, any information would be helpful.  The tumor are big and one is heading for his wind pipe, they are not sure how aggressive it is yet . Thanks for any advive

Hi, Sharon, and welcome.

I'm not sure what drug that is--could it be Keytruda, maybe?  We have several members here who have had good results with that.

Glad you found us--this is a great place for information and support.

• 1 month later...

Hi, Sharon,

Welcome to LCSC. My name is Lauren and I'm the Digital Community Manager for LUNGevity Foundation.

I'm glad to see that you've already connected with LexieCat. This community is a great place to find information and support. Please feel free to explore the message boards and blogs, ask questions, and join the ongoing conversations.

In addition to these forums, LUNGevity also has a robust Lung Cancer 101 website, free patient educational materials, a Survivor and Caregiver Resource Center, peer-to-peer support programs,  a toll-free Lung Cancer Helpline, survivorship conferences, and lunch and learn events. You can explore more here: https://lungevity.org/for-patients-caregivers

Please let me know if you'd like any additional information about LUNGevity's Support & Survivorship Programs. And please post an update when you can!

We are here for you,

Lauren
--
Lauren Humphries
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Archived