Interventional radiology CT-guided biopsy of lesion

Irka

I’m scheduled for my biopsy Monday the 29th. Broncoscopy (spelling?) and needle.

I’m scared to death what the results will be but I will fight if it’s cancer.

Hello and Welcome

We understand what you are going through, we’ve been through the diagnostic process that somehow seems to take longer than it should, the waiting is miserable so it’s important to acknowledge the emotional roller coaster, not stuff it in, keep living your life as best as you can until you have a definitive diagnosis.  During this period it’s really important not to get too far ahead of yourself, take it one day at a time, one hour at a time if necessary.  Whatever you do stay away from Dr Google right now- it won’t be helpful.  Ask whatever questions you want here, there’s a lot of experience all around on this forum.  We’re here for each other.  Hang in there.  

Michelle

Thank you very much, Michelle.  I'd been doing much better but had an auto accident yesterday.  Something of a set-back but no major injury & no one else hurt.  Just down in the dumps.  I've put up a new post regarding this dreadful experience & hope you'll be able to see it.  With gratitude, Irka

• 2 weeks later...

Irka,

I have had both procedures. The transthoracic (CT guided) lung biopsy done by an interventional radiologist and the endobronchoscopy is done by a medical oncologist. 

In my case, neither procedure accurately diagnosed what was going on. I didn't have difficulty recovering from other procedure. 

Best,

Ro

Archived