Tecentriq- Is really working for anyone?

Husband is receiving it as his only treatment at this point. And the cancer is growing - when I questioned his oncologist- His response was “well we still don’t know how SCLC responds to it”. So just curious to see if anyone with extensive SCLC is currently on that treatment and how it is going.

I was diagnosed with Limited Stage SCLC. Had a full responses from Chemo/Radiation in early 2018 and was NED for a year. I had local recurrence (no Mets , brain clear . I’m on combined /concurrent therapy Chemo (Carboplatin & Etoposide) and Tecentriq.  I’ve just completed 3rd of 4 cycles. I’m not sure how or if they will be able to tell what contribution tecentriq made Vs the chemo once I have results sometime late April. . I will certainly update. There are a couple groups on Facebook with people receiving just tecentriq for small cell limited and extensive. 

• 2 months later...

Hi ! My husband is on generic form of tecentriq .he is on his 7th treatment .he first did the chemo rounds then the chemo and immunotherapy together and is in remission. Now he is on maintence for a year. 7 rounds so far and is handling it Preety good. He will have another scan to see if he is still in remission for smcl cancer. So far he is a lucky man.

Thats wonderful news Michelle. My husband had to stop because he developed a fungal infection now, so we are now going through test after test to figure out which one.Will most likely needs thoracic surgery to remove a piece to get it under a microscope. He has extensive SCLC with brain mets.  Extensive SCLC is horrible, and I truly believe there is a huge difference between limited and extensive and males verse females.  

Prior to Jake stopping the Tecentriq his cancer was never in “remission”, he only ever achieved a partial response. 

But great news for you. 

• 3 weeks later...

Was diagnosed with sclc on Feb 14 and began chemo almost immediately. What was different. however, is that they included Tecentriq in all my chemo sessions, and I’ve begun Tecentriq infusions every 3 weeks since the end of chemo. My June scan showed no brain met and a clear lung! I’m very happy indeed!! I’ll continue my infusions and have periodic scans to look for the return of sclc, but for now I’m a happy guy 

My mom was diagnosed with a combo of NSCLC and SCLC in March. Very aggressive and extensive. They started her on Carboplatin & Tecentriq on April 8th. Added Etoposide during treatments 3 & 4. They had to start slow to see if she could tolerate it given her age (90).She had a petscan on on June 13th. The results are her main tumor is shrinking and the Mets in her abdomen are gone. We’ll find out on July 5th if they will do more chemo or just continue the Tecentriq. We know it’s not a cure but it’s buying her the time she needs in order to see my daughter get married in October which is her goal. I hope your husbands treatment will start to kick in and kick the cancer out. 

On 3/27/2019 at 10:15 PM, 06211219 said:

Husband is receiving it as his only treatment at this point. And the cancer is growing - when I questioned his oncologist- His response was “well we still don’t know how SCLC responds to it”. So just curious to see if anyone with extensive SCLC is currently on that treatment and how it is going.

Hi my husband had 7 treatments and it just now stopped working.his tumor grew.they are now going to try a chemo pill and if that doesn't work he will have chemo infusions if all goes well and he survives .good luck!

Archived