Introduction

Aitbomeron

Hello,

I have joined this group after some on line research. My husband is going through the initial steps to deal with lung cancer. This has been a huge shock for our family. On Thursday, he is going to have a biopsy of the hip. I am praying that the outcome is negative as far as cancer is concerned. I really appreciate the support groups and people who put them together. Thanks so much for this group.

Aitbomeron ~ As I say to all "newbies"... Welcome.  So sorry you have a need to be here, but I hope you will find this site supportive and helpful to you and your family.

I'm sorry that your husband and family are dealing with cancer.  I think everyone here can relate to the shock that you're all feeling.  We've all been there!

You stated that your husband is "going through the initial steps to deal with lung cancer" and that he will be getting a hip biopsy.  Has lung cancer been confirmed?  Is the biopsy due to suspicion that the lung cancer has metastasized?  If he does have a lung cancer diagnosis, can you provide any details as to type (NSCLC?) and what treatment he is seeking or has had completed so far?  That info will help others who can in turn help you if needed.  Everyone has their differences and own stories re: lung cancer, but there are similarities between us. I've found it to be very helpful conversing with others who have similar experiences to mine, to help me make decisions and to make me feel I'm not alone.

Hoping the biopsy on Thursday goes well for your husband.  Please reach out when you can to ask questions / let us know how we can help you and your family in this.

Hi, Aitbomeron,

Welcome to LCSC. My name is Lauren and I'm the Digital Community Manager for LUNGevity Foundation.

I'm glad to see that you've already connected with a few of our members. This community is a great place to find information and support. Please feel free to explore the message boards and blogs, ask questions, and join the ongoing conversations.

In addition to these forums, LUNGevity also has a robust Lung Cancer 101 website, free patient educational materials, a Survivor and Caregiver Resource Center, peer-to-peer support programs,  a toll-free Lung Cancer Helpline, survivorship conferences, and lunch and learn events. You can explore more here: https://lungevity.org/for-patients-caregivers

Please let me know if you'd like any additional information about LUNGevity's Support & Survivorship Programs. 

We are here for you!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Lauren Humphries
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Archived