Introduction

Renee1215

Hi! My name is Renee and I was diagnosed with Stage 4 nsclc in August 2017. I'm glad to have found this site as I've already gained information and read many inspiring stories. I was originally given a very poor prognosis...months to live. It has now been over a year and a half and I've been cancer free for about 8 months now. I feel as if I'm lucky because, as my friend Michelle says, I'm a mutant. I expressed a high level of PDL-1 and was almost immediately put on Keytruda. To me this is a wonder drug. I've thankfully had no side effects, other than some tiredness, and my response has been good. I live in Kansas City and feel that I have doctors I can literally trust with my life. I'm a huge dog fan, and have four of my own. I'm married with no children, but numerous nephews and nieces. I just recently returned from Washington D.C. where I was a "lung force hero" representing Kansas as the American Lung Association advocated with congresspeople to increase funding for NIH, and to ensure that reasonable insurance with protections for pre-existing conditions remain in place. I had a bad experience with the sleazy insurance policy I had when first diagnosed, and I've benefited from all of the research and trials that led to treatment of lung cancer patients with Keytruda. Some of the ALA people said I was a poster child for advocacy day. I came home with some new friends, and lots of good memories. I hope to be an active participant on this forum, and hope to be able to share and learn much from others. Thank you for letting me be a member!

Hooray Renee!  Thanks for advocating with our lawmakers and thanks for being a thriving cancer warrior!  Glad to hear Keytruda has kept your lung cancer at bay, it has helped so many people, including my mom.  Happy you have found us!

Take Care,

Steff

Archived