My Mom

Austinb1985

My Mom lost her battle with small cell lu g cancer March 23rd. Just 8 months from being diagnosed. I have gotten a lot of advice and help from you all and it has been really hard to post this until now. It’s still very hard. She was only 60 years old, Had so much more life to live. She had 5 grand children that she adored. I miss her every day, I’m not okay. I struggle with her death every day. I don’t know how to express that with others that haven’t had such a loss. They ask and I say I’m okay, which I’m not. My mom couldn’t eat the last month and a half of her life. And doctors couldn’t figure out why. That makes me angry. Should they not know about these things? Should they not have a treatment? I don’t know what else to say but I’m angry, I’m upset, I’m in pieces! And I will never find the answers I need. Thank you!  

I’m sorry to hear that Austin.  My father passed six years ago after a 10 month battle.  Losing a parent is really difficult.  My grandfather, my dad’s dad passed away at 99 last month.  His remaining children were all incredibly upset, even at 99.  It’s never easy.  It’s especially difficult when they are sick.  For me time has allowed me to focus in on the great memories, which was the majority of them, and the bad ones from those 10 months have faded to the background.  The anger for the circumstances my dad found himself in at times has also faded.  I asked my mom how long the mourning lasts.  She lost her parents 25 years ago.  She said she still thinks of them daily, but is able to remember them fondly instead of being upset over it.  I hope the same for you in time.  

Austin,

I can’t hope to find words that relieve your loss. This disease devistates. It steals life from those in the prime of life. I’m vastly sorry one affected was your mother. 

Stay the course. 

Tom

I'm so sorry, Austin.  I lost my own mom when I was in my early 30s (metastatic breast cancer).  We were very close and I still miss her.  I am able to remember her with warmth and happiness, now.  Your mom's life is not defined by its end.  She lived, she loved, she mattered.  I always felt sad that my kids didn't know her--she would have been a fun grandma.  But I tell them stories about her, and they know what kind of person she was.

Take all the time you need to grieve the loss.

Sending warm thoughts.

I’m so sorry Austin, I lost my younger sister Saturday to pancreatic cancer. She leaves behind 3 sons and a number of grands. You get so mad because you feel like they should have been able to do something but they don’t have all the answers. 

I’m at a loss on what to do for them and you because like with you their mom was the one that held things together. 

Remember the love she had for you and her grand babies. I’m praying you will get to that point where you smile thinking about her.  Please remember it’s ok to grieve. Big hugs. 

Take Care

Paula

Austin and Paula-

I’m so sorry to learn about your loss.  Words can not begin to adequately describe the mourning process. Peace to you both.  Our prayers will be with you as we head into Sunday worship service. 

Hugs...

Michelle

Paula, I'm sorry for your loss of your sister.  I wish there was somehing I could say to make things better, but there isn't. Hang in there.

Bridget O

Archived