JohninTx

Johnintx

Was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in Feb and I am just now emerging from the fog that such devastating news has had on me and my family.  

John,

There are many of us on this forum with Stage IV LC..There are treatments!!

Ro

Welcome John.  I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I completely get the post diagnosis fog.  I’m glad to hear it’s starting to lift for you.

Hi John and welcome to our group. 

I'm also a Stage IV ALK Positive NSCLS survivor.  I received this surprise diagnosis in September, 2018.  I read a white paper recently that indicated 90% of lung cancers are diagnosed at Stage IV.  You're not alone; as we've all been there.  It took me about 3 months to get my bearings again.  What type of treatment are you currently receiving?  Let us know how we can support you.  You'll find this is a very supportive group where you can say anything, ask anything.  

Looking forward to getting to "know" you, 

Michelle 

Hi, John. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis but glad you found us. If you're comfortable sharing, tell us a little about your diagnosis and your treatment plan. Here's my unsolicited advice to you and all of the new members: don't Google statistics. They don't accurately reflect the new treatments we've seen in the last few years. 

Ask us anything. We've all been in your shoes. 

John,

I was diagnosed with LC in early March and just had my surgery.  I completely understand how you feel.  In my case it wasn't a fog, but it felt like my life had been put on fast forward and was out of control.  As you can already see there are a lot of people here with similar experiences that can provide some good sharing and support.  Try to stay calm, work with your medical team and learn all you can about your illness.  Knowledge can be power as you participate with your doctors in putting a treatment plan together.

Share as much as you'd like, we've all been there.

Lou

The Google stats are depressing but it’s important to recognize those stats are based on people diagnosed 5 years ago.  There have been a lot of advancements in that time that are have a positive affect on those stats.  

Archived