LouT

Pathology Reports Are In, Good News

Well, it's been a day short of two weeks since my lower right lobectomy and the surgeon called today to give me the results of the lymph node and tissue biopsies.  He was in such a good mood that I immediately relaxed while he told me that all was clear and all tests were negative for any cancer cells.  I can't tell you the amount of tension (I didn't even realize I had) that melted away right then and there.  I also got clearance to start driving this weekend and hopefully will be able to do workouts again soon.  I'm also walking as much as I can and am now doing 5 miles/day.  I'm slower than I was before and am doing it in installments throughout the day rather than at one time, but I'm getting there.

I am so happy to have found this forum and all of you and THANKS again for the great support through one of the scariest times in my life.

Lou

Ditto for me on that one!  I just worked my way up to 3 miles on Sunday.  I think I’m going to call the onc & see about a getting a physical therapy consult.   Thanks for the motivation guys! 

Thanks so much everybody. I go for my first scan in August but have learned here to live fully until then and handle results as I get them.  In the meantime I keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. 

PS; Curt and Michelle, I look forward to both of you hitting your goals as well and while I've never been a "trash talker" we might setup a thread to give and get advice and motivation on rebuilding ourselves post LC. 

Lou maybe we can schedule our scans together- that’s when I’m up next in August.  😂 

My next literary adventure is something the clinic asked me to evaluate: Cancer: 50 Essential Things to Do by Greg Anderson.  Guilty in that I’m behind on my homework assignment here as tooling around in the recreational shell & my recumbent trike is way more fun!!