FINALLY GOT TO ME

Z_Pacific

Howard, you may not be able to teach at your school, but you sure can teach alot here-sharing your faith and spirit here. I, for one, feel I have, and can still, learn alot from you. Post when you can, and in the meantime, know that you are in my prayers and thoughts. Take care Sir, Deb

Dear Howard, I could not agree more: God advances His work through teachers and coaches. I just know you have touched more lives, and are remembered forever by more people than you can even imagine. Your courage in the face of "the beast" is admirable.

May I add one bit of advice? If morphine is "barely controlling" your pain, you need more morphine, a different form (e.g. long-acting), or a different opioid. Pain CAN be managed if the practitioner knows how. Hunt down a pain expert if necessary; no one should be forced to live with severe pain. If you choose to take less morphine because you don't want to sleep all the time, that is fine. But you should have all the drugs available at your disposal to control the pain.

Take care, Howard, and may you and your family find peace.

Greetings from Guam,

I would like to thank everyone for the kind words of encouragement, they meant a great deal to me. Just knowing that we are not alone in our mortal combat gives one the strength to take a step back from our own personal battles and gain the perspective that we are all members of a community facing a common adversary.

God Bless You All,

Howard

I am sending all my best wishes from Spain's \Barcelona area to you.Not that it matters where they are from but I have picked up that you have decided for no therapyand,having expirienced what it cannot do,I would have never attempted it.

We , my husband and me tried it,but did not know, what it cannot do.

Docs in Germany told us once , that in years to come they will talk about nowadays methods - shuddering

Which did not stop us in our desperate search for help.

I hope very much you are doing the right thing for youself and that you are keeping the cancer at bay.

Many fond regards

Bettina