One thing leads to another! Finally a PDL#!

Barb1260

Pulmonologist put me on an inhaler Tuesday and seems like I am having a side effect to that-vertigo.  Called both the pulmonologist and the onc's office to figure out if its the inhaler or the Imfinzi.  It's now a process of elimination, stay off the inhaler and see if the dizziness subsides, if not it's the Imfinzi.  BUT, as I was speaking to my favorite onc nurse, I asked her why I can't get a PDL # so I know if this is all just a waste of time.  Lo and behold, that test was done way back in December from the biopsy, its is 90% expression-YAY!!!   I was under the impression that the PDL was part of the biomarker test-I was wrong and could have saved myself months of mental anxiety if I would have asked the correct question.  And they probably told me this way back then but my head was spinning with the dx and I probably let it float right over my head.   Live and learn.  Have a great holiday weekend.

I will Paula. It’s a relief to know that this doc has been on top of things all along. And we’re all leaning toward the inhaler being the culprit so give me infusion #3 and let’s destroy this uninvited guest. 

Bingo Barb...PDL-1 expression @ 90%. I really think the scientist who named Programmed Death (PD) should receive some kind of reward.  I love thinking the drug lines up all the cancer cells and says: "prepare to meet your maker at 0900 hours!"

Stay the course.

Tom

Ah hah! You are a mutant too!  I just knew it!  In this Month’s Lung Cancer Living Room there was a discussion about the PDL 1 and immunotherapy being reclassified as targeted or personalized therapy.  High ho the cancer witch will soon be dead!  What awesome news.  Remember back in the early diagnosis days??? You’re on a winning streak!  Too bad they didn’t tell you months ago!  Whoo hoo! 

They probably did tell me, probably at the first onc visit and I remember my head spinning with a million things. Better late than never. 

Yeah, the first couple of visits are just scrambled egg land no doubt.  Still something that important you would think should be over emphasized, but you are a Jersey Girl at heart so persistence paid off!   Thank God for those oncology nurses!!! 

Archived