Smk

I am now with a 2nd lung met and coping with the fact that any met is considered stage 4. To me life is important and at only 68 just seeking info on what this means, what to expect, how others have met this challenge with treatments, etc. I initially got dx'ed in 2013 with pelvic cancer. So I am a survivor. I'm living for  my first grandbaby to come by 10/3.

Thanks for any input.

Smk, good to meet you, sorry it has to be here, but at least we have this safe place to communicate with others like us.  You’ve been through a lot. I’m just one year ahead of you, 69. I understand living for your first grand baby this October. I pray that I will be here and able to attend my granddaughter’s wedding this November. Not sure what I have yet, except an abnormal CT scan. Scheduled for biopsy this coming Monday so I should know more soon. I will keep you in my prayers.

Is the 2nd lung met another nodule in another lobe or the other lung?   Stage 4 is usually reserved for your lung cancer spreading to other parts of the body beyond the lungs.  Don’t go jumping the gun on staging and prognosis.l I’d you haven’t been given that info from a doctor.  Google diagnostics can be misleading.  Those numbers are deceiving and changing by the day.  There are really affective treatment for metastic lung cancer these days.  October will be here before you know it and so will that grandbaby.  

Hi, Smk, and welcome. I am also stage 4. Had my initial diagnosis in 2016, found the mets and thyroid cancer that same year, had a recurrence in 2017 and another recurrence in 2018. I'm hoping this is the year I'm recurrence-free! Lung cancer is persistent but we have so many more options than ever before. I've had surgery, chemo, radiation and SBRT. I'm willing to try just about anything that let's me keep living. Any idea what your treatment plan will be?

A new grandbaby - how exciting!

Hi SMK,

I am a caregiver to my dad who is stage iv. I am so sorry to hear what happened but you’re a fighter. I don’t know how your case is different from lung cancer as a first cancer but I feel dr Lynn Eldridge writes many great articles on lung cancer. I reccomend all to check her out

SMK,

Welcome to the forum and I'm sorry that you need to be here.  Please take Curt's advice and make sure you are working with your medical team on Stage and other DX information.  Only then will you be able to work with them on a treatment plan for this occurrence and then you'll be better grounded moving forward.  You'll also find some excellent support here from folks who are going through much of what you are, so stop in, keep us updated and ask any questions you need to.

Lou

Archived