What is a Ct Chest Super D without contrast?

Lisa L

Hey guys, so I just went on my pulm doc site to pay a bill and I see he has this set up for me for early August.  This will be 3rd ct scan and 1 pet (no uptake) but never a Super D, I can’t find much on it other than it seems like he’s planning on doing a biopsy which I’m still kinda confused about since the nodule didn’t grow in 4 months, or so we think since it was 3 different machines. First 9mm, pet was 8mm and second ct 9.7. I have been traveling and living my life not really thinking about it much just thinking it’s indolent and we can just keep watching it but now I have a whole new stress factor.  Has anybody had this test? Love and light ❤️

Hi Lisa

It sounds like you are in a much better place! Hurray!  I’ve had six chest CTs since September but couldn’t tell you what they were.  Sorry.. great to hear from you!

Michelle

Hi sweet Michelle I have been following up on you glad you are doing well my friend, this just kinda slapped me in the face like yep I still have to deal with this 😳....Robert that is kinda what I thought and I sent a message to my pulm doc ...but what kind of biopsy do they do? It did not seem like it was a needle it seemed like it was a more new procedure but I could be wrong 🤷‍♀️

Hi Lisa.   I was hoping you were off traveling with not a care in the world, especially this.  I’m glad you got some reprieve from it.  I really wish there were better diagnostic tools available.  I was told that a biopsy wasn’t an option for me because the nodule was too small (8 mm) and they weren’t confident they’d be able to get a sufficient sample from it via a biopsy.  Maybe that’s improved.  I’d ask what level of confidence the doctor has in this test providing a definitive answers on what the nodule is.  

Hi Curt, I’m so glad you are doing well.  I have been traveling just got back from Punta Cana and honestly have not thought about it until I see my pulm doc has this set up...I have been reading about indolent nodules that grow so slow that you just don’t have to honestly worry about them which was kinda hoping what I had since no uptake and no growth but then again yours was the same ...I guess I will just have to face the music in August and have the biopsy and hope for the best  even tho I’m not sure according to Robert they might not get a good sample...it’s been just so nice to ignore it and I know that’s not smart ....

Archived