Obtained synopsis of CT

LadyLynda0712

Hi...  Just an add-on from my post yesterday, about having to wait 3 weeks to see my PCP about my ER ct scan (12th day now of coughing/wheezing/shortness of breath).

CT Synopsis:  Multifocal predominant centrilobular ground-glass pulmonary nodules bilateral most confluent posterior upper right lobes. ( 6 mm to 8 mm in sizes ).

Greek to me but anyone with familiarity of these terms, I'd love to know if I should push my HMO for a pulmonary appt.  Standard protocol is see my PCP (3 wks) who'll then refer me if deems necessary (and then could be another few weeks or longer wait).  All I know is I'm tired of being tired, tired of coughing that hurts my ribs, tired of being winded just going to the mailbox.  My diagnosis 12 days ago was pneumonia, atypical, non-specific. 🙄

Hi again-

I would say that you would need to get into the pulmonologist ASAP. I had many of those symptoms initially, the coughing spasms cracked one of my ribs.  This is something that can’t wait a few weeks.  In fact, I would consider returning to the ER if you can’t get into the pulmonologist. It’s a way to fast track the diagnostic process.   Keep us posted.

Michelle

Those are small nodules.  The centrilobular description isn’t a term I’ve heard used as an indication of lung cancer.  I agree with Michelle.  Given your other symptoms it’s worth pushing.  Don’t wait around for the medical world to get around to you.  Push the issue.  If it turns out to be nothing than great.  If it turns out to be something then you will have gotten a jump on it.  

What about emphysema?  Has that been considered?  

If the insurance standard protocol is to see your PCP, I'd be camped out in his or her office first thing Monday morning with all your symptoms.

They can't ignore you and I'm sure will fit you in.

Stay the course.

Tom

51 minutes ago, Curt said:

Those are small nodules.  The centrilobular description isn’t a term I’ve heard used as an indication of lung cancer.  I agree with Michelle.  Given your other symptoms it’s worth pushing.  Don’t wait around for the medical world to get around to you.  Push the issue.  If it turns out to be nothing than great.  If it turns out to be something then you will have gotten a jump on it.  

What about emphysema?  Has that been considered?  

No mention of emphysema.  Just throwing out pneumonia, bronchitis, giving me nebulizer treatments (didn't work). After 6 hrs sent me home with antibiotics and cough syrup (didn't work). Called me back 3 days later because of a positive blood infection reading, second test negative. Discharge instructions were to follow up with primary and suggested 3 mo CT repeat.

I agree with those who say you should see the pulmonologist ASAP. You may or may not have cancer, but you do have SOMETHING going on in your lungs and the treatments prescrived aren't helping. Push for the appointment! Hang in there!

Archived