I think I have Symptoms

Irwin1

I think that I have symptoms. Last month I was in the hospital with pneumonia which is when my mass was discovered. But the pneumonia got better last month and I have not had any symptoms after that. 

But for the last 2 days I felt like I had a virus coming on. The symptoms were so slight that I ignored them and didn't consider them as even important enough to think about. 

But in the middle of the night I woke up and the symptoms I was having were intensified times 10. My muscles we're all aching and I have been sleeping all morning feeling like I have a full blown virus. And here is the weird part.

I feel like I have a fever. But when I take my temperature I am getting readings that are low instead of high. I have been getting readings near 96.

Do these sound like symptoms from my mass. Has anyone else had symptoms similar to this. I am not on any treatment yet because I am in the process of getting my definitive diagnosis.

Irwin, I am not sure your symptoms are from a mass. It does sound possible that you might have a virus that is not connected to a mass. Have you called you doc? Or maybe if you can’t get in to see him, go to an urgent care?. Be sure to drink liquids and eat well if you can. Hope you are better soon. Bless you

Low body temp can be caused by a virus.  Viruses can also cause muscle ache.  How is your blood pressure?  This doesn’t sound cancer related to me.   Is go to your primary care doctor.  

Blood pressure is always good thanks to a combo I found because of a great PCP who worked with me.

Today is weird. Yesterday I thought that I might be headed towards another bout with pneumonia. Lungs and trachea were irritated. But this morning my lungs are better. The only thing I have to complain about Lol is that this thing that they say is growing in me is totally zapping my energy. This mass thing is all new to me. I am still waiting to meet up with my thoracic surgeon on the 19th to make plans for the biopsy. But I can see that if this thing wants to zap my energy I am going to have to roll up my sleeves and fight the thing to have any kind of life. I haven't even gotten any chemo yet. But I can see that energy loss is an enemy that I will be fighting

21 hours ago, Curt said:

Low body temp can be caused by a virus.  Viruses can also cause muscle ache.  How is your blood pressure?  This doesn’t sound cancer related to me.   Is go to your primary care doctor.  

Oh I meant to say, this virus thing is a mystery because in April I got a recombent exercise bike. I was doing rides during the day of 12 mins each. Then suddenly one day I got on the bike and couldn't even do 2mins. This is the first time I felt this virus thing. I waited a few days and got back on the bike and the same thing happened. I couldn't even reach 2mins. Then of course on May 20 I found myself in the ER with pneumonia and a newly discovered mass on my lung. This is why I think the virus is connected somehow to the mass.. I feel the virus today with a lot of weakness. Maybe it is related to the pneumonia. I remember my pulmonary doctor say that it takes a month or more to recover from pneumonia. 

At this point who knows? 

I found that my primary doctor dealt best with the pneumonia I had two times going through chemo and radiation.  My oncologist and radiation doctor focused mostly on cancer.

Archived