Good bye MacDonald's and Subway!

Irwin1

Started my Anti Cancer diet yesterday. I had to say goodbye to most of the food and drinks that were in my former life. 

No longer can I have sugar or any processed foods anymore. And that covers 99% of the foods I ate in my former life..My main food yesterday was fresh cooked pinto beans with a small.piece of salmon to go along with it. My snacks were Pinto beans with a tiny dash of sucrose and hot sauce. Mainly my eating was limited yesterday because my wife who is fantastic is going shopping to get I everything I need to have a variety of food to eat and stay on my diet. 

Diet soda which was a great luxury of mine for years is gone. I pretty much will be drinking plain water and sparkling water with a touch of flavor. 

You can also count as my diet all the suppliments I take most of which are in pill form. There actually are so many pills and powders that if gravy were allowed on my diet I could put them on a dish and have them with the gravy.

But the diet is one of the few things I have that puts me in control of my disease. 

So good bye former life. My new life is here

Irwin1

If Chemo is in your treatment plan you may want to put on some extra pounds prior, I put on twelve pounds prior and glad i did. I was told during treatment eat as much as you like and as much as you can. All depends on the chemo dosage how a individual reacts.

Thanks for the heads up. I am very over weight but I went to my psychiatrist yesterday who used to be a surgeon and I told him that I was trying to gain weight and he actually approved of it. I started my diet yesterday so I am going to have to figure out how to gain weight without sugar.

Right now I am still in my first diagnostic process. I have give or take 5 or 6cm mass that was PET scan positive along with 1 positive lymph node. Tommorow I have an appointment with the thoracic surgeon to set up something to get bigger pieces of biopsy. I had a needle biopsy but with the positive PET scan they want a bigger biopsy. 

But either way I am sure that chemo is on the way 😱

I am learning how to live the LC life style so I am going with the flow.

I thank my God so much for my wife who is very involved with my new life style. It looks like she really wants me around for a while!

Well today is the first day I have been a vegetarian.  My main plate was black beans to get my protein. I had a side of broccoli that was awesome. I don't plan on going without any kind of meat every day. But I plan on having a bit of meat on the plate. My wife got me some frozen salmon steaks. I have also been living on white solid tuna. I don't know how much good the diet will do but at least I am doing something. 

Archived