Tests Coming Up

Irwin1

Well I have 2 coming up which will reveal good or bad info. Nevertheless we need to know.

Tommorow I am going in for a completely new CT scan from the original taken on May 20 which was the one that originally discovered my mass. It was ordered by the thoracic surgeon. Perhaps he will be able to share some good news. But probably won't share any news until the bronchoscopy which will be done a week from tomorrow. 

Evidently they mean business with this bronchoscopy because I am getting general anesthesia. They need to go in to get good pieces of the mass and the lymphnodes that lit up in the PET scan. Of course the pathologist will be right there to look at things. Maybe when I wake up they will have info for me good or bad.

The surgeon discovered something yesterday

He found an elevated right diaphragm. I was in pathology and a friend I grew up with was in emergency medicine at Harvard. We put our minds together and my friend believed that the elevated diaphragm was good. So he told me to visit Dr Google to check it out. It was not good news. It was the exact opposite. So it  has been a rough day

Irwin, I've been told not to look on Google. But if course I have. My hubby had stage III-C non small cell (inoperable) LUNG cancer. One mass upper right lobe and 5 lymph nodes maglinant. We just completed his second round of 4 CHEMOTHERAPY treatments. Starting radiation monday. 

Will be praying for your good results.GOD HAS THIS.

I have to blame my friend who was on the faculty at Harvard Medical School..We went to kindergarten together and he loves me and doesn't want to see me get a cancer diagnosis.. So he is trying to find reasons why it isn't cancer. So with the surgeon giving me new info that my right diaphragm being elevated my friend who of course is an MD told me that the raised diaphragm was good news and was evidence that my whole situation is just from pneumonia, he told me to look up elevated right diaphragm.. unfortunately the raised diaphragm was bad news. But my Harvard MD friend told me to go to Dr Google otherwise I wouldn't have gone there. 

But at this point with my background in pathology, my MD friend,and even the surgeon giving me what seems to be positive news about what my CT scans, trying to make guesses good or bad is total speculation..The moment of Truth is when the pathologist looks at the cells under the microscope during my bronchoscopy a week from today.. That is when the rubber hits the road

I have to blame my friend who was on the faculty at Harvard Medical School..We went to kindergarten together and he loves me and doesn't want to see me get a cancer diagnosis.. So he is trying to find reasons why it isn't cancer. So with the surgeon giving me new info that my right diaphragm being elevated my friend who of course is an MD told me that the raised diaphragm was good news and was evidence that my whole situation is just from pneumonia, he told me to look up elevated right diaphragm.. unfortunately the raised diaphragm was bad news. But my Harvard MD friend told me to go to Dr Google otherwise I wouldn't have gone there. 

But at this point with my background in pathology, my MD friend,and even the surgeon giving me what seems to be positive news about what my CT scans, trying to make guesses good or bad is total speculation..The moment of Truth is when the pathologist looks at the cells under the microscope during my bronchoscopy a week from today.. That is when the rubber hits the road

Whoops. I am still learning how to use this forum.. I just wanted to say that I got my CT scan yesterday. It was at a new location and I didn't have to wait long at all. I am.working up.a bunch of jokes to keep the Rad technologists laughing. I am getting good at taking the scans. They don't have to tell me how to lie down anymore. And the scan was over in 2 mins. I wanted them to email me the results but they weren't allowed. So I will wait until I get the results from my surgeon. 

Meanwhile I am getting up every morning feeling good physically as opposed to the chemo and radiation side effects. This puts me in a better mood. I am still getting used to going from good dreams and waking up to the LC reality. 

So today I am feeling good. No doctor and bad news can take today away from me. Tommorow and the next day I have no idea how I will feel. And the Bible teaches this philosophy..And it really works 🤓

Archived