My Buddy Is Gone

norme

Oh, Norme -

My heart goes out to you. Even though we believe they are watching over us and waiting for us, the here and now is mighty difficult.

Yours and Buddy's love has always shined bright as light here on this message board and I know it will continue. Please stay with us and let us try and help you, as you have always helped everyone on the board. They didn't even have to ask. You are an incredibly caring and wise woman and we all love you.

I, too, thought of the song Snowflake posted. It seems to fit you and Buddy perfectly.

Gloria

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Dearest Norme,

There are no words to express how sad I am. We caregivers are always hopeful that somehow our loved one will be the one to beat this disease.

How beautiful that you and Buddy have future plans at the Rainbow Bridge. How beautiful your 51 year relationship with your friend and sweetheart.

May God grant you peace and comfort in the days and weeks to come.

Love,

Ginny

Norme,

You sounded good when I spoke with you. I just wanted to write and tell you how much I admire you. I know right now things are crazy but it will settle down.

I am so sorry that Buddy had to go, but it was time. The suffering is over and he is at peace and waiting for you. Just remember will be there waiting for you.

Take the time you need for yourself. After everyone is gone, and it gets quiet again, you will have time to reflect on the wonderful life you had with Buddy and it will bring both smiles and tears.

If you ever need to talk, you have my number.

You are in my thoughts and prayers just as you have been for these last long hard weeks. May you find peace now. You Buddy is in heaven and not suffering from the cancer any longer. That we can be thankful for. Blessings sometimes are in disguise, but we know when we have been blessed.

Thank you for sharing with me. You have helped me more than you will ever know, just from your faith.

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. Take care my dear.

Much love,

Shirley

Norme

I'm so so sorry to hear about your Buddy. I'm not a frequent poster but I visit everyday and have followed the valiant fight that you and Buddy have waged against lung cancer. I know you are a woman of great strength and compassion and the love between you two has been so evident from every post from you. As you said, you will meet again one day. In the meantime, please keep in touch with us and let us support you for awhile. You've supported so many of us for so long.

My sincere and heartfelt sympathies to you.

Gail P-M

Norme,

I can't add anything different than all those above me have said...

I am so sorry that you have lost Buddy, that we all have lost Buddy and I hope that knowing how many people here care about you will help to ease your pain, if just a little bit.

Wish I could be there for you......

Dear Sweet Norme,

I am so very sad about Buddy's passing. I wish I could come through the "puter" to hug you, and care for you till you were ready to put one foot in front of the other again. You have always provided us with words of wisdom and comfort, I only wish that I could provide for you the same. I am in awe of your relationship with Buddy, 51 years! Norme, you do not have to be strong right now. Allow yourself to be whatever you need to be. It will difficult without Buddy, you will run through so many emotions. Do not feel guilty if you do find joy in your life, because Buddy would want that for you. Meanwhile, Buddy will patiently be waiting for you on the other side. Please rest and nurture yourself right now. You need some healing my Dear. Cancer has touched yor life too many times. I would be honored to talk anytime you need to. Love you Norme.

Cheryl

Oh Norme, words are inadequate at this time.You have been so brave and strong and have always been thinking of other's while you have been going through this nightmare. You are truly an inspiration to all.

I have no doubt that Buddy will be there to meet you one day! I will be thinking of you and wishing you peace and comfort .

God Bless You

Love,

Paddy

Dear Norme...

I had not been on for awhile and when I checked the board tonight, I could not believe my eyes....I am so so sorry about Buddy....I know you are going to miss him terribly...I ache to see Tim just one more time.

If you need to talk, or if there is anything I can do, please PM me and I will send you my tel. #....

You are such a wonderful inspiration to me...know that you are in my heart and prayers...

Love,

Kathy

Love and respect are finetuning the atmosphere around Norme and Buddys shared life tonight. Their united commitment to pursue treatments and to share all knowledge with as many cancer sufferers who would listen........well........that's the legacy they've left us and we appreciate all they gave. We know Buddy's still standing on that bridge headed for the glory he earned....we can only hope Norme's surrounded with the very same kind of love she gave to Buddy. Then Norme will get through these next few days leaning on others for strength....the same kind of strength she offered to Buddy for so long. Norme....Please accept my deepest sympathy in the loss of your dearest Buddy.

Norme, I am so very sorry!! I just don't know what to say!! I actually sobbed when I read My Buddy is Gone. I'm still crying! It just breaks my heart!! You have always been so good to me and have always gave me much comfort when I needed it, but yet you've never tried to sugar coat things for me either, and I appreciate that! I'm just so very sorry your Buddy is gone!! I have no words to help you through this, just know that my prayers and love is with you and your family!! I am so sorry!!!!

Love and Prayers!!!

Christy

Norme, I have only belonged to this list for about a month now, but every time I log on, I look for your posts, to check on Buddy. Your love shines through every message, and I can't begin to imagine what you're feeling now. I hope that soon the happy memories and the strong love you and Buddy have for each other (still, even now) will begin to be stronger than the grief, but I know there's no way around the grieving. To be in love with someone for 51 years is truly amazing -- a gift not many are granted. Yet 51 years does not seem long enough for the two of you. I am glad Buddy is no longer suffering, but so very sad for you. You will continue to be in my prayers.

BeckyCW

Dearest Norme, I feel like I share a bit of your all-encompasing grief. I feel like I knew Buddy through your messages. Your love for him was so clear in everything you wrote here, and of course in your constant devotion to him in his last days. Through the hardest parts, your devotion to the man you loved so much never wavered. People like you and your Buddy make the world a better place. May your family and you find peace in the midst of your grief.

And God bless you.

Dearest Norme,

I just read your post and am so sorry about your beloved Buddy. May your heart be mended soon and praying for you each day. Even though Buddy didn't post he was always in all of our thoughts. He is with our Lord now and peaceful, no more pain. Thinking of you. Love ya...

May God Bless you

Karen