My Buddy Is Gone

norme

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many times this has happened with this group. Someday the scientists will find the answers. It never gets any easier when we lose one more to lung cancer, but it is the sad realty of this disease we all share, either as a caregiver, family member, or as one who has the disease. We just have to kepp on fighting and praying that someday the answer will be here.

We will miss your stories about your Buddy, but we hope to see you back here to lend the support you have given to so many people. I have the greatest respect for you because you had your own struggles with your Buddy, but yet found the time to offer support to others. You are a special person.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I am so sorry for your loss Norme. I hope the many memories of the happier years together will bring you the comfort which you need right now. It sounds like the promise of that meeting at rainbow bridge will give you some strength to get you through the lonliest of days ahead. I will pray for your strength.

I am very sorry to hear that the battle is over. I thought things were getting sticky when I read you went to the hospice.

For the one at his side it is as time has frozen as if things could still turn around - but cannot.

It is a time where one has no expierience with .

I hope you can try to get strength one day from your memories and your believe.

Even knowing all the time what comes our way does not help easing the pain once it is there.

Not in my case anyway.I feel for you and press my thumbs for you to be able to deal with your pain.

Big hugs

Bettina

It has taken me several days to reply. When I first came to this board several weeks ago, yours and Buddy's story was one of the first I read. It broke my heart to find that you had lost your Buddy and love. I know there are no words to comfort you, but maybe it can help you to know how much of an inspiration you and Buddy have been to so many of us. God has given you a great and lasting strength, and may you find peace and pleasure in the days to come. Memories seem insufficient in our grief, but they can also be such comfort.

Elaine

Hi Norme.

Please accept my sincere condolences on the passing of your high school sweetheart. I have always felt as though you and Buddy were my next

door neighbors, and everything I know of the two of you has come from "over the fence chats". Norme, you are definitely an asset to those on this board, and I thank you for all your caring words of comfort and wisdom that you are so well known for. Please don't go away for too long; there are people that still need you. Take care and try to rest a while -- you deserve it.

David

Guest Piermarie

Dear Norme,

I've just gotten back to reading the posts since last week and I am so saddened by yours....

So sorry for Buddy's passing and I'm SURE he is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge....

With Greatest Sympathy,

Pier

Norme -

I'm so, so sorry... :cry: I hope that you will be alright and find the strength you need through family and friends who surround you. You have a tremendous group of caring people right here to lean on.....hope you will not stay away for long.

Love,

Lauri

hi norme,

i'm so deeply sadden by your loss. although i haven't written much, all the times that i have logged on to this site, i have been drawn to your posts for inspiration and hope. i thank you dearly for that, and i pray that God brings you comfort and strength. buddy will not be forgotten.

praying for you and your family,

mj

Norme,

I don't know what to say except that you and Buddy have been such an inspiration for me. It's been awhile a couple weeks since I've logged on and I am just devastated to hear this news.

In addition to having lc myself, I lost my husband to this dreaded disease 4 years ago. I share your pain and pray for a cure for us all.

My deepest sympathies :cry::cry:

CathyR

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Norme,

I just saw your post about Buddy! How my heart goes out to you.......

You know home girl how I feel about the memories that can bring on the healing. I know from your posts how many you have and how sweet and some bittersweet they are.

Please accept my sincere condolences for your very special Buddy!

Blessed Be,

Dear Norme,

So sorry to hear about your loss. Your relationship with Buddy reminds me of my parents. They were a wonder to watch over the years. So much love and giving. I am sure it was the same with you and Buddy. He is waiting for you and would want you to take care of yourself...so please try to get some rest. I hope you will come here often and visit. You have been an inspiration to us all.

Nushka