Recently started treatment

BootsieP

Hi.  Just started radiation and have. 1 chemo treatment done.  Just want to read and see what everyone is saying and how they are dealing with diagnosis/treatment

Hi Bootsie, sorry it is here that we meet. I was diagnosed about 2 months ago with NSCLC that is not operable. Scheduled for med port placement tomorrow and will begin chemo and radiation on July 1, so it will be all new to me. How did your chemo go? What drugs are you receiving? And how was radiation? I will be receiving Cisplatin and Etoposide. Blessings to you.

Hi Bootsie and welcome!  You'll learn a lot by hanging out on these forums. Let us know if you have questions and also how we can support you.

Bridget O

Hi Bootsie:  I was diagnosed with NSCLC April 2019 and have received 2 infusions of immunotherapy, Keytruda.  So far the only side effect I have have had and only for the past two days is extreme fatigue, maybe it will pass.  Any side effects so far from your treatment?  Take care now.  Susan Rae

Hi Bootsie,

I was diagnosed with stage lV squamous cell NSCLC at the end of January. I started my chemo and immuno a few weeks later. I just had my PET scan which showed that my lymph nodes were clear and the main tumor had shrunk. I was taken off the chemo and am now on just immunotherapy. Hang in there. Try to stay positive and know that there is hope. Good luck with your treatment.

Claudia

Hi Bootsie. Diagnosed December 2018, stage 3a. Did radiation and chemo for 6 weeks. Now I’m on immunotherapy. Chest X-ray no longer shows the mass, PET on Tuesday. Other than being tired from the Imfinzi, I’m going about life normally 

Archived