Cancer-sniffing dogs 97% accurate in identifying lung cancer:

Robert Macaulay

My dog was  sniffing at my mouth every time we went out in the car and when i think about it now was  about a year before my x-ray in ER, and i kept thinking i do not have bad breath and moved the dog away from my face.Still does it to this day.

The goal is to develop an over-the-counter screening product, similar to a pregnancy test, in terms of cost, simplicity and availability. Dr. Quinn envisions a device that someone can breathe into and see a color change to indicate a positive or negative finding.

So interesting to me- I had 2 chest X-rays 2 CT scans and a small army of very smart doctors that had no idea what was going on in my lungs until the biopsy came back. 

I had my mammogram over the weekend I couldn’t tell you how irritated I was to see all that pink!!!  

Doesn't surprise me dogs can sniff out lung cancer.  Dogs are just pure love and pure perfection 😍 - I'm a bit (A LOT) of a crazy dog lady...

Michelle - i know what you mean by all the pink for breast cancer thing.  Tom shared this link  a while back about various disease/cancers and the funding - rather old stats, but still depressing none the less how little of a funding lung cancer gets. 😤😣

Archived