Cancer trial

Wendle

Hi my Hubby was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer in Aug 2017.He was put straight on a targeted treatment "Tarceva" which he has been coping pretty well with. Unfortunately after his last scan he has been told the the cancer in the lymph nodes is growing which means the Tarveva is not doing its job anymore. His options are to stay on the targeted drug, to start chemo or go on a trial. " ILLUMINATE" which is a mixture of immunotherapy(Durvalumab and tremelimumab) and chemotherapy. (Cisplatin or carboplatin). We are in Australia and believe this has already been trialled elsewhere. Would be interested to hear from anyone who has experience this trail

• 2 weeks later...

Wendle 

Sorry to hear about the change in your husband's condition. My lung cancer was treated with surgery, so I don't have experience with chemo. But, others here have and hopefully you'll hear from them soon. 

Meanwhile my prayers will go out for you and your husband. 

Lou

I am on Keytruda/Pemetrexed/carboplatin.  Only one treatment so far.  21 days between each for a total of 4.  I felt tremendous after the treatment and had zero side effects.  Without saying the words, he indicated it was a hail mary mixture, as I showed up for help in end stages.  Other than my cough(which has been cut in half)  and getting tired pretty easy, I'm doing fine.  As a matter of fact, he told me to walk daily now.  Before I needed help to get to the ladies room.  I won't be medically cured, but between prayer and attitude, I see life as worth pursuing again.  In my opinion, we just keep trying new things until they run out of new things.  My doctor said new trials are coming to market all the time, and each person is different.   

Archived