One Year Anniversary Today & Update

kimblanchard

One year ago today I heard the most dreaded words from my doctor after a CT scan, you have Lung Cancer and the liver is involved. I can't ever remember a day like that in my life. My world was turned upside down. You all know the feeling I am talking about.

Since then I have been very fortunate in that I am still here, I have had few ill effects from the chemo treatments, I can still do most everything I did before and I still have a good appetite and still have my strength and energy. Of course I have had some very rough days and down days.

I am now getting radiation for spine mets, have 5 more treatments to go but already have had relief already from lower back pain.

I am going to go on a new chemo regimen since the current one seems to have stopped working so my disease for now is stable. I just pray the next one works as well as the first two did in the beginning. I would love to hear "remission" one day and pray for it all the time.

I have put my disease in the hands of God, it is up to him now. I am doing all I can do in the way of treatment and the rest is in his divine hands. Whatever path he choses for me I will accept.

I thank God daily for my wonderful family, my friends, and for this board. I don't know what I would have done without any of them. When I first found this board I was so lost and frightened but I found a whole new group of wonderful, kind, compassionate people who are always there. I will never forget some of the beloved members that we have lost in this past year.

So the roller coaster ride continues, I hope and pray the peaks are higher and the valleys less deep for all of us.

Bess B