Surgery tomorrow

Nancy Ann

I have stage 1 and my lower right side lobe will be removed tomorrow morning.  I’m scheduled for a robotic procedure, however, if the surgeon decides, once he starts, I may end up with a full incision.  Complicating this is my damaged right shoulder rotator cuff, my range of motion is very limited. My arm will be positioned above my head and I anticipate a lot of soreness.  I’m ready, I tell myself I’m lucky that I had those annual CT scans and am grateful it was caught so early. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nancy,

Shame on me but I missed your post. I had my lobectomy (right lower lobe), May 2nd. You’re well past the initial recovery but if you have any questions please let us know.  I look forward to hearing your updates.

Lou

• 3 weeks later...

Surgery was 4 weeks ago, tomorrow.  All went very well.  The pathology on the 23 lymph nodes that were removed were all clear.  My recovery has been going well, I feel very good.  Thank God for the yearly chest scans I had, as they say, “early detection”.  

Lungevity is a wonderful resource, I am so lucky to have found!  

Nancy Ann,

Great to hear from you and wonderful news on your recovery.

I also had a multitude of lymph nodes plucked during my surgery and non showed cancer by biopsy. Early detection indeed!

Stay the course.

Tom

Nancy Ann,

Super to hear from you again and I'm thrilled that your recovery is going well.  Early detection certainly helps the outcomes to be brighter and the advances they've made on all fronts are helping us all survive longer.  I hope your recovery continues unabated and that you'll be back to living fully before long.

Lou

Archived