Jane CM

Esophagitis

I am wondering if anyone has dealt with esophagitis as a side effect of radiation? It’s been three months post radiation and I continue to have difficulties eating solid foods. I am on a soft foods diet and drink a lot of protein shakes. I’ve also lost several pounds. Can anyone relate to this and what tips are you willing to share?

Thank you! 

- Jane CM

Good morning Jane, I experienced terrible esophagitis and the scar tissue caused swallowing problems. I ended up being referred to a digestive heath doctor and she did a procedure to stretch my esophagus. This was done two different times before it worked. 

Its been almost a year and I still have problems sometimes. I hope you figure out something soon. 

Thanks for reply, Paula. It sounds like a rough road with your esophagitis. I’m sorry to hear and hope it continues to get better for you. 

Jane JCM..  Sorry to hear about this problem.  I had radiation next to my esophagus for 30 days and I ate a spoon full of Manuka Honey on the way to treatment and another later in the day. I did not get esophagitis or have any problem with my throat. If you can't get Manuka honey any honey should help. Do a search for more info. on this.  I hope it helps