Scanziety Season.

Tom Galli

I had a pleasant reunion with my CT technician Chris who's been scanning me for nearly 16 years. He displays family photos in the scan room and I realize I've watched his children grow up. Chris knows I'm a "hard stick" so he passes me off to the oncology nurses to rig the IV for scan contrast. I was mildly sedated with valium on board, and the nurse was both lucky and good for the rig was installed after the first stick. I also had a surprise blood test which I hope applies to my oncology consult on September 16th.  This scan was a bit unusual covering neck, chest and pelvis. My doctor is exercising lots of caution and I'm happy with that. So, six days of scanziety countdown to results revealed. I'm flooded with memories of the many recurrences I've had but...

I'll stay the course.  

Tom

IMG_1577.jpg

Praying for good results for you and My husband!!! Double whammy results. I’m feeling good for both of you. You for another NED and he for chemo/immunotherapy working! 

You will stay the course my friend! Sending lots of love and prayers!

xx

Tom I read your book and I certainly respect all the pain you went through. This journey is very new to me. First scan since starting treatment I feel was mixed results Seems there is SO much we don’t know!! Doc said main tumor shrunk but lymph nodes enlarged. They said could just be response to immunotherapy. I WANT MORE clearer results!  So now wait till pet scan in 3 months. Too much waiting and wondering!

Maybe after I get a few years in I won’t be so crazy!  However I see you still worry after all your NED years!

Trying to let be what it is. I do feel it’s in the cards but I hate not knowing what that result is. Do I get some good years?? 

Heres to hoping

Lin,

Yes NED worry is still something that bothers me. There is no cure for scanziety. But do take time to get to know your oncology team including the nursing staff.  As they get to know you, you may find you get a post scan email that communicates an unofficial NED result. 

Stay the course.

Tom

Tom,

I'm not sure how I missed this, but then once I realized it was earlier in September I had to race down to see the results.  WOW!!! Super news.  When I think of your story it fills me with a lot of hope and the will to fight through this terrible disease.  I can only steal your quote, "Stay The Course!".

Lou

Hi Tom!

So happy to hear that you had great results on your scan. You are an inspiration to me and to many others on these boards, I'm sure. May you have many more years of clean scans and good health. Thank you for all your posts and.....stay the course. 😀

Claudia

I am so happy for you Tom to get the great results of NED ...I've got a week and a half to get scans and results so I'm hoping to join the ned club too ..

Archived