CT Scan assistance

NinjaJack

Hello,

I recently received a CT scan that listed the following:

Abnormal streaky faint opacities are scattered throughout bilateral·upper lobes 
and left lower lobe as well as right lower lobe.

Additionally abnormal partial consolidation seen in the right suprahilar region with no discrete mass and the consolidation extends into the right middle lobe.

Left lower lobe medial 2 cm x 1. 5 cm focal consolidation

Left lower lobe partial lung consolidation along the medial left lower lobe pleura noted could suggest infection rather than metastatic lesion 

To give a brief history of my lung problems, I was diagnosed with exercised induced asthma in the military.  But when I returned from Iraq after working around the burn pits, I developed sarcoidosis.  Over the last few years I've had tests that always show some sort of atelectasis or opacities.  In the last 6 months I've been sick with nausea and even been in the hospital for pancreatitis.  So the CT scan above is new even compared to CT scans i've had done over the last 6 months.  

So, can anyone tell me what their opinion is for the above scan?  Thank you for your help.

KatieB,

I am seeing my pulmonologist tomorrow.  So, I am hopeful that he can give me some answers.  The one thing I forgot to mention in my original post is that I was treated for Melanoma last year.  It was stage 1 and my lymph nodes came back clear.  So naturally I am concerned about the possibility of melanoma spreading to my lungs.  According to the reading I have done, melanoma spreads to the lungs in a pretty high percentage of cases.

Archived