Mally

Mally

hi I've been in cancer treatment for nearly 3 yrs now including surgery chemo and now immunotherepy which I'm doing very well but in late August this year I needed a 5 day radiotherepy on an enlarged lymph node in my neck which knocked it right down but at the end of the treatment I had a dry cough and still do but not completely dry now and the oncologist said it's common but didnt say it would go on 7 weeks plus more and I've tried ventolin and pulmicort which doesnt do anything and I rang him yesterday and he couldnt suggest anything except I just have to ride it out ...I thought perhaps steroids short term but then that will put my diabetes way out of control and if I went to a gp he would probably give me antibiotics which I dont want unless really needed because from what I've read that can interfere with immunotherepy so after this novel of a status I'm hoping someone has had this cough and may have suggestions for me ....oh and I even tried the cut up onion on my bedside but all it did was make my room smell ..

Essential oils?  Humidifier?  At least it would knock out the onion smell.  (Onions didn’t  work for me either).  

A pulmonologist might have something up their sleeve....

Mally,

My mom had a wet cough for many months.  She used tessalon perles and it helped a bit.  It's a prescription, non-narcotic cough medicine.  I'm not sure if it's used for a dry cough or not, but it might be worth checking into.