Anybody completed the 26 doses of Imfinzi?

Barb1260

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, Jersey ladies!! I had a few bumps in the road but today my labs were "pristine" so I'm praying scans will be too.

I hope as days go by I'll loose a few pounds, get some sleep and get my energy back. Just saying (not complaining).

Opal

Love this post Opal! Just saying is Jersey Speak for whatever, I got this ball, off to the shopping Mall!!! I hope those Durva pounds melt off.  Think about what else you can do besides hang out at the clinic every three weeks.  Time for a vacation!!  I’m so happy for you!!!! 

My hubby has done 4 of the Imfinzi treatment as of this past friday. He had CAT SCANS done a week prior to this Dr appt. It appears that there is a little good news. When first Dx of Cancer (April '19) one mass was 5 cm then in Aug it was 5.2  now it is 5 cm. A few of the malignant lymph nodes have shrunk a little bit as well. One .01 another .02 no change in other 3. But hasn't spread any either. So we will stay the course for now.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Barb, Opal here...curious how it's going having been done the Durva infusions. Do you have any achy joints, tight muscles, cough, ??

Just curious because I have all the above but not sure if I should blame the Durva or growing older and lack of exercise. I also cannot lose all those pounds I gained. 

Hey Opal. I can say I feel much better since finishing. My joints do hurt but not as bad as on the Durva. I’m blaming arthritis and age. Don’t have any cough.  I do have something going on but can’t tell if it’s muscle or rib. Doing a bone scan next Friday-Unless insurance denies that too. I have weird stuff going on. Bumps on the palms of my hands and soles of my feet and my nails have some kind of condition that starts with och.  I went to a dermatologist who said it’s all from the treatments, chemo radiation and immunotherapy. Ha-I know what you mean about losing the weight. I lost 8 of the 30 and can’t seem to lose anymore. I’m blaming part of that on age as well but it pisses me off. 

Thanks Barb. I am hoping post nasal drip from hayfever season now is causing the tickle and cough. Oh the joints...I try blaming age but it all came at once, with Immuno. Better then alternative suppose. And I had the weird nail thing at the beginning of Durva! It was awful painful at the sides and tips of the nails but kind of moved from finger to finger. Really strange. It stopped mid way infusion.  Hmm no bumps that I noticed. Tho I feel so fat in the middle I can't see the soles of my feet.  Just kidding. But it's how I feel. But I'm not complaining Lol.

The weight remains no matter what. I even eat less! I get scans Monday. See Onc Tuesday so I'm praying all is well and Durva did its job.

Hugs,.Stay well....Opal

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the bone scan results. Onc said it’s most likely a healing broken rib. This still makes me nervous. The scan reads-“single focus increased radiotracer right lateral third rib correlating with the region of patchy sclerosis on the CT from July. This could potentially represent a single metastatic lesion versus more likely a site of prior fracture.” The word potentially makes me nervous even though it says more likely.  Next CT is November.  Still waiting on PET denial appeal (had to resend, our lovely postal service lost the priority mail envelope).  Nobody seems worried about this except me but I went through 18 months of treatments and I want definite answers.  Opinions please.  Happy Autumn  🍂 

Hi Tom Hope you are well.  This rib #3 they saw in July the 2 rib they found in March but that isn’t even mentioned anywhere now. I’m thinking what they thought was pleurisy pain was broken rib pain. The radiation doc also said it could be damage from radiation. He looked at the July CT. I finished Imfinzi on May 7th. Nothing else in the other 205 bones-that’s a plus. I don’t know how to not worry about every ache and pain. 

Barb,

I don't know how not to worry about every ache and pain either. It is a new normal part of my life. I have lots of chronic pain as residual side effects from treatment. When something new joins the party, I worry. But, I give it a week before reporting it to my doctor and that seems to work for me.

Stay the course.

Tom

Barb, sorry about delay posting scan results. However all is good and now I'm on a 6 month scan schedule since TG, all has been good!!  (Curious if anyone else has been stretched out for good scans??).

It does make me a bit nervous but I'm thinking positive and happy to try and put out of mind a little longer in between scans.

Tom and Barb- I am glad I'm not the only one to worry about a new ache or pain. Mostly joints and muscles. 

BTW, I lost a whole 5 pounds.  The answer is... Get a puppy. She's been a joy and brought so much laughter, tears from laughter, to make up for the last long while of doom and gloom.  Besides, I'm hoping she's jacking up my good endorphins and putting my fighter cells back in order. 

Also, I wanted to mention, my Onc has not mentioned getting another PET. I did ask months ago if I needed to get another and he said No! Nothing in labs or scans to require a PET. I take that as good and I'm not going and looking for anything. 

Faith not fear!

Happy Fall to all!

Opal

Archived