Now VIRTUAL! 2020 International Lung Cancer Survivorship Conference | August 21-23 | Rockville, MD

LUNGevityKristin

UPDATE:  The dates of the conference have been changed to August 21-23 and the conference is now VIRTUAL!

Registration is now open for LUNGevity's 2020 International Lung Cancer Survivorship Conference! 

At this transformative weekend conference designed by and for people with lung cancer, you will:

-Learn how to live well with lung cancer
-Connect with other survivors and caregivers
-Hear world-renowned researchers discuss the latest treatments
-Learn how to manage your lung cancer experience

Join us April 24-26 in Rockville, MD -> http://bit.ly/ilcsc2020

72924676_10157365561672860_3435491181260177408_o.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Lisa! 
Im sorry to miss you this year- I’m heading to DC with the ALA in March so I hope to attend this next April.  Your SP posts are so inspiring I can’t wait to finally meet you in 2021! 
Michelle

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: ILCSC has been rescheduled for August 21-23rd. 

Due to concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19), the International Lung Cancer Survivorship Conference has been postponed to August 21-23, 2020. The conference in August will still have the same great sessions, speakers and celebrations of HOPE, and we will do everything in our power to make the transition to the new date as seamless as possible for those who registered for the original April date.

Read our announcement about the new date, and find FAQs for rescheduling your travel and accommodations.

The International Lung Cancer Survivorship Conference is a unique weekend conference, designed by and for people diagnosed with lung cancer and their caregivers. Past attendees have described this conference as “transformational.”

The conference teaches attendees how to live well with lung cancer and provides opportunities to connect with other survivors, hear from world-renown researchers on the latest treatments, learn about ways to manage your disease and your cancer journey and much more! It is made up of three simultaneous summits: the HOPE Summit for patients who are first-time attendees or want to learn the basics; the COPE Summit for caregivers; and the Survivorship Summit for advocates and survivors who are interested in more advanced topics.

More about the conference» https://lungevity.org/for-patients-caregivers/support-services/survivorship-conferences/international-lung-cancer-4

• 3 months later...

Advice needed. Despite Covid19 is the registration still open for the conference and where do I do that? Thanks all. 

sashjo,

We will not have a gathering this year because COVID-19 presents an unmitigated risk for lung cancer survivors. We will have instead an online Summit, a Zoom-like event.  We’ll have speakers, breakout sessions and the like. The staff is working hard to finalize the agenda and integrate the online technology. Stand by for more details. 

Stay the course. 

Tom

• 4 weeks later...

For those who want and plan to attend this year's virtual event - please be sure you REGISTER!  Here in the link to Register and a source for you to read up on a lot of the plans for the event.  It's going to be awesome and hopefully if all goes well, next year we can all be back together in person !

https://lungevity.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=947

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 7:19 PM, sashjo said:

Advice needed. Despite Covid19 is the registration still open for the conference and where do I do that? Thanks all. 

Josh,

Hope to connect with you at the Virtual Event -- it's FREE and Open to all -- 

Registrations is required -- https://lungevity.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=947

Looking forward to it and having seen the agenda, it sounds wonerful!

Lisa

On 8/12/2020 at 9:46 AM, Lisa Haines said:

Josh,

Hope to connect with you at the Virtual Event -- it's FREE and Open to all -- 

Registrations is required -- https://lungevity.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=947

Looking forward to it and having seen the agenda, it sounds wonerful!

Lisa

Hi Lisa. 

I'm registered. Absolutely! Looking forward to seeing you too. It looks like a fascinating event. I wish it weren't virtual but I'll be there virtually throughout. 

Thank you for thinking of me - Josh

Josh,

We ALL plan to be there "in person" next year!     I was all registered and had already booked my airlines tickets, then came Covid -- But you can bet I'm going in person, as soon as we can!

looking forward to this and happy you are doing so much better...!  YAY!

This is actually great timing for me, as I don't yet have treatment planned. The sessions on "Radiation 101" and "Chemo 101," etc. will be very useful as I try to get up to speed on what's up with all these treatment modalities.

I def. plan to be there--already told my boss I'd probably be out at least part of Friday.

I plan on attending as well and I, too, am researching radiation treatment that has been recommended, so this IS great timing.  It's my birthday weekend, so my son said he'd even attend (I believe I saw there is a breakout for caregivers) to learn things and be supportive. Thank you for providing this online!

Hi All!

I might not be able to see all of the Sunday events I'd like to. Will there be a way to access recordings of them the following day? 

Thanks! 

Josh

7 minutes ago, sashjo said:

Hi All!

I might not be able to see all of the Sunday events I'd like to. Will there be a way to access recordings of them the following day? 

Thanks! 

Josh

I found the answer to my question :) 

Archived