Tingling in hands and arms

Tmk

I am almost one year from my lobectomy .  I am due for my 2nd scan and I am super nervous . About 3 weeks ago I started having tingling down my arms and in my fingers. I've had neck issues in the past but now I think my cancer is in my spine.  I know I need to call my Dr. but I'm so scared to find out. Has anyone experienced these symptoms after surgery?

Nerve pain is a very common side effect of any surgery.  It is particularly prevalent in lobectomy recovery.  I’m eight months out and still have nerve pain on my side.  Nerve pain is also pretty common when the body is under emotional stress.  The lead up to scans is always emotionally stressful for me.  Neck issues can also be the culprit. Definitely let your doctor know of the change.  It may prompt them to look in areas they may not have.  I know it’s easier said then done but try and find something to keep your mind off the upcoming scan.  Hang in there.  

Hi Tmk,

There are a lot of things that could be causing the tingling and numbness, as Curt has said. I understand through personal experience that once we've had cancer, anything unusual in the body puts you on red alert.  But call that doctor!   Be sure they know about this tingling and numbness before your scan so that any areas of concern can be covered in the scan.   

I agree with Curt and Bridget.

Nerve pain following lobectomy is common but you should let your oncologist and your surgeon know about your symptoms!

Best,

Ro

Archived