Sign in to follow this  
Robert  A.

My wife's starts chemo next week.

The Oncologist said it will be 4 rounds. How spread apart are these?  We are set to take a class on Monday to teach us what to expect followed by a financial class. Thanks,Robert.

They are usually three weeks apart, depending on bloodwork.  If possible ask if the clinic social worker can attend the financial meeting with you as another set of ears.  These appointments can be information overload.  I hope the biomarker tests come in soon.  Best wishes. 

Hi, Robert. When I had my first round of chemo, I had four treatments with three weeks between treatments. The first treatment will likely not be too bad but pay attention to any side effects your wife has and when she has them. She'll very likely encounter the same effects at about the same intervals each time. I had chemo on Fridays and felt pretty good until Sunday when the steroids wore off. Nausea picked up on Sundays and was pretty rough through Tuesday. By Wednesday, I felt good again. 

Everyone has a different experience with chemo. I suggest that you check out this site run by the Cleveland Clinic. It has great information on what to expect for side effects and suggestions for dealing with them. There's just no reason for anyone to suffer so communicate any concerns to her medical team. I had two anti-nausea meds that I alternated for a few days after treatment. 

We're here for you and your wife so let us know how we can help.

On 11/13/2019 at 6:46 AM, Rower Michelle said:

Hi Robert,

Just checking in to see how you and your wife are doing?  Let us know when you can. 

Michellw

Hi Michelle, thanks for checking on us. We went to the classes and getting insurance approvals but haven't started any treatment yet ,should be soon as we have checked and the insurance has approved everything. The Doctor is going to use Keytruda as one of the treatments. We are just jumping through all the necessary hoops right now so hopefully we start treatments soon.

Sign in to follow this